Traded Xavier Duursma [Traded to Essendon for Zerk-Thatcher, #73, 2x F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

What are Duursma's BnF results for the last 3 years?

Future 2nd + BZT is crazy talk even for Port.
His 2021 was ruined in round 4 by Shane Edwards, was a gruesome injury. Got back late but was never right.

2022 he came back bulked up (had a lot of recovery time in the gym I guess) and didn't really get going. Looked like he still wasn't confident in his body and was definitely a big disappointment, but he did finish the year well.

2023 he finally looked fully fit, started the season really well and then did his PCL in round 7. Was rushed back at the end of the season to help Hinkley get his contract and was a lame duck.

Think he is the kind of guy that needs everything in good working order to perform with confidence. A bit like old mate Orazio but unlike Orazio he still fronts up even if not 100%.

I'm really hoping that we end up keeping him as whenever he has got a proper crack at it the skillset he showed early on has still been there. But if the offer from Essendon is tempting enough then can see the merit in moving him on.

Common Port, cough up Duursma.
You know and I know he's hasn't been any good for over three years.

We'll play him in the 2s just like you've been doing. He wont know the difference.

Port is like that mate who invites you over for a cheese toastie, then realises they have no cheese and offer you Doritos and tries to tell you it’s almost the same thing 😂😂😂
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Port is like that mate who invites you over for a cheese toastie, then realises they have no cheese and offer you Doritos and tries to tell you it’s almost the same thing 😂😂😂
That is a extremely specific scenario. Lets talk about it. Which friend told you there would toasties and did you meet them on the internet ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodoro and Cripps should just whip their rods out and whoever’s is bigger gets their preferred deal…

18 clubs on the phone sussing out what Nahas is doing in 2024.

I wouldn't be too happy trading a future 2nd for Duursma, let alone throwing Zerk in as well.
Rather lose him for nothing tbh. At least it'd have some entertainment value.

Genuinely baffled by some of the vitriol towards Port in this thread. Port can (and should) hang on to Duursma and pick up BZT in the PSD. Duursma fit and injury-free still in our best 22 with plenty of upside.
Bombers fans post-Dunkley debacle certainly have changed their opinion on the subject of trading contracted players

Bombers fans post-Dunkley debacle certainly have changed their opinion on the subject of trading contracted players
Shock: Footy fans are biased

That was pretty simple. You wanted overs (as was your right), we didn't want to give overs (as was ours). The fact of this matter is that they literally need to add Duursma to this deal as they can't trade any of their current assets for him (F2/F3) and we can hand them junk picks in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back