Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Essendon with pick 68 for Essendon's F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not a fan. Think there’s a fair chance his biggest contribution will be making our VFL midfield more respectable which has been a hinderance to the overall development of our list imo.

We’ve had to run guys like Hird, Johnson, Cahill big minutes through the midfield in the VFL over the past 2 seasons and been non competitive as a result.

I’m not a fan. Think there’s a fair chance his biggest contribution will be making our VFL midfield more respectable which has been a hinderance to the overall development of our list imo.

We’ve had to run guys like Hird, Johnson, Cahill big minutes through the midfield in the VFL over the past 2 seasons and been non competitive as a result.
If the Bombers played every VFL standard player in the reserves they wouldn’t be able to field a senior team.

Unfortunately Essendon are going to need to play battlers like Setterfield by default.

If the Bombers played every VFL standard player in the reserves they wouldn’t be able to field a senior team.

Unfortunately Essendon are going to need to play battlers like Setterfield by default.

I’m not of the opinion Essendon are good I just have a very low opinion of Setterfield.

Would rather play Merrett, Parish, Shiel, Hobbs, Perkins, Caldwell with Stringer and Langford rotating through then give games to Setterfield. Despite possessing good size he isn’t someone I see as being strong over the footy so throwing him into the mix as a big body isn’t really achieving anything imo.

Obviously injuries will occur but I’d rather see what Nic Martin and Durham can do as genuine on ballers before playing Setters.

Setterfield is a list clogger. I'd be surprised to see him on any AFL list in 2023. Disposal is attrocious. Decision making poor. Slow. Lacks versatility.

Any club considering him should only be looking at him as an inside midfielder. He's been tried in every possible role at Carlton and that's the only one he's had any success in, albeit mostly at VFL level. But if you want a fringe inside midfielder from Carlton's list you should be looking at Paddy Dow, not this bloke.

Pretty much spot on above. He is a scary prospect.

Literally a big body to get in and grab the ball and hand pass it out to someone. Essendon have a number of small, nimble mid-fielders but nobody to crunch in and get the ball.

His job will be to get the ball and hand ball it out. Do not, under any circumstances, kick the ball.

Pretty much spot on above. He is a scary prospect.

Literally a big body to get in and grab the ball and hand pass it out to someone. Essendon have a number of small, nimble mid-fielders but nobody to crunch in and get the ball.

His job will be to get the ball and hand ball it out. Do not, under any circumstances, kick the ball.

I would not be expecting a Cripps/Green/Kennedy type big bodied mid. He plays more like a David Mundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back