Traded Taylor Adams [traded to Sydney for pick #33]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard many sources say the deal stands.

But either way, so what?
If Collingwood tear up his deal then he's not on any deal and we can offer whatever we like.

Who says we have to pay him 800?

Nothing compelling Sydney to pay him 800.

So not sure that channel 7 is accurate

And even if it is, so what? Maybe he's prepared to take less to get a game and not play at Casey.

Zero evidence or suggestions that. Sydney will be paying 800.

If you don't Melbourne will not trade him, he is contracted.

Taps 🎙️ - this is the Taylor Adams trade talk. If you want to talk Grundy take it to the other thread. We'll start deleting comments if this continues

Look I think it's too much, I do understand he is contracted and required.
I can't help feeling that we're doing you a favour tho
I’m not sure what the value should be, but irrespective, if you land your man, you’re getting a heart and soul player who’ll do anything short of running through a brick wall for the jumper. He’s an absolute bull who’ll absolutely dominate for you inside.

I’m not saying this because I’m in a Taylor Adams trade thread, but I’ve been shocked he hasn’t played as our #1 inside mid ahead of Mitchell all season.

If you make finals, he takes his game to the next level. Just need to look at his finals record, including the 2018 GF for evidence. He’s built for September.

I’m not sure what the value should be, but irrespective, if you land your man, you’re getting a heart and soul player who’ll do anything short of running through a brick wall for the jumper. He’s an absolute bull who’ll absolutely dominate for you inside.

I’m not saying this because I’m in a Taylor Adams trade thread, but I’ve been shocked he hasn’t played as our #1 inside mid ahead of Mitchell all season.

If you make finals, he takes his game to the next level. Just need to look at his finals record, including the 2018 GF for evidence. He’s built for September.
Yeah he and Grundy were big for you that day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a odd move. His body has fallen over. I doubt he makes it past year 1 in the 3 year deal before retiring injured
He played 23 games this season and suffered an untimely injury. It's a bit of a stretch to say "his body has fallen over".

Such an odd move. His body has fallen over. I doubt he makes it past year 1 in the 3 year deal before retiring injured
He played 23 games in 2023 and 18 games in 2022. Not sure his body is all that bad. Sure he has had some hamstring issues, but the guy is the ultimate professional in terms of preparation. No reason he can’t play another 3 years.

He played 23 games in 2023 and 18 games in 2022. Not sure his body is all that bad. Sure he has had some hamstring issues, but the guy is the ultimate professional in terms of preparation. No reason he can’t play another 3 years.
Yeah but I think you moved him out of the midfield to nurse him to those games. Swans wanna plonk him in the middle. If they do it wont last long. His body will not be up to it I think

I would suggest that Sydney strongly disagree with this.
Oh for sure. They are taking the risk and hoping he goes back to his best. Im just saying I think they will be wrong on this one.

If I was Sydney and wanted a experienced bigger bodied midfielder Id want someone with more longevity or someone cheaper. Seems like the worst of both worlds move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back