Traded Brandon Ryan [Traded to Brisbane in Swap of Gunston and picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
His name has been mentioned in the Jack Gunston talks with Brisbane looking to basically do a like for like swap in the scenario. I think the 1 year offer for him by Hawthorn is absurd. He showed enough for a multi year deal 100%. If its not Brisbane then id expect a club like like Adelaide to also be in line given they were interested in Mabor Chol

Any thoughts on what happens from here? Id think he isnt staying at Hawthorn regardless at this stage and its up to which club he ends up. I think a Gunston for Ryan deal works in this scenario if Hawks are looking to just have someone on a 1 year deal like that and for Lions its a great backup for Daniher/Hipwood they can bank on for a long time

If not it wouldnt surprise me if Adelaide enter the chat and offer him a 2-3 year deal in a Himmelberg for pick and then that pick for Ryan perhaps

Huh?

Maybe worth actually talking about the topic?

You think he will accept a 1 year deal if he has a 3 year one elsewhere? I think he looked a great prospect myself and I think he will have a ton of interest
He already has, signed sealed and delivered for another year. Close thread and come back next year.

His name has been mentioned in the Jack Gunston talks with Brisbane looking to basically do a like for like swap in the scenario. I think the 1 year offer for him by Hawthorn is absurd. He showed enough for a multi year deal 100%. If its not Brisbane then id expect a club like like Adelaide to also be in line given they were interested in Mabor Chol

Any thoughts on what happens from here? Id think he isnt staying at Hawthorn regardless at this stage and its up to which club he ends up. I think a Gunston for Ryan deal works in this scenario if Hawks are looking to just have someone on a 1 year deal like that and for Lions its a great backup for Daniher/Hipwood they can bank on for a long time

If not it wouldnt surprise me if Adelaide enter the chat and offer him a 2-3 year deal in a Himmelberg for pick and then that pick for Ryan perhaps
He is incredibly raw but has some talent, we aren't letting him go for Gunston or change.

Our tall stocks are awful and while we are rebuilding we have the ability to let him slowly develop.

Hmm article on Fox Sports didnt read that way so my bad

They did say that Lions have offered him a 3 year deal however. Id say Hawks wont stand in his way if he asks to move?
We just drafted him a few months ago and extended him. I don't imagine we would be overly open to a move.

The Lions asked and should be told no.

They did say that Lions have offered him a 3 year deal however. Id say Hawks wont stand in his way if he asks to move?

I think we would likely do everything we can to retain him.

Our forward line was our weakest area in 2022 and we've since lost Wingard (to injury), Kozi (to Richmond), Brockman (to WC) and delisted Jeka (with DGB struggling in the role).

Even our one good key forward in Lewis is very injury prone - he's about to turn 25 and still hasn't played 70 games. In fact, he's yet to have a single season where he has missed fewer than 7 games!

We've even thrown a very generous contract at a VFL player and are looking to bring a cooked 32 year old forward in to help sure up that area of the ground.

We need him way more than Brisbane do and to be honest, he has a far better chance of both getting a game and establishing a career at a rebuilding Hawthorn crying out for a partner to Lewis as opposed to going to be 3rd string or back up at a premiership contender.

Last edited:

They most certainly can and will, given he is still under contract.

Brisbane are delusional if they think they can get him for Gunston

Can't believe that we are going for him. I have very strong opinions on him, he will be a gun but also Hawthorn should give him away for nothing.

Does he even have a YouTube highlights video?

This thread.

Flaming On Fire GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we even considering this to be true. Firstly it was Tom Morris who ‘broke’ the news, his record is proven.
Secondly Brisbane already have a long list of talls. Not only will Ryan need to push out Darcy Fort as first back up, Brisbane have spent three years developing Henry Smith and Kalin Lane as Ruck Forwards and both are about 205cm and 103kg. They have both played about 45 games of VFL in a strong team, and kicked goals.
I just don’t get it. I think Tom Morris is FOS and after what the media did to Fagan I doubt anyone at Brisbane use the media to play bluffs or leak ’news’

I call Bull$h!t (said in a Lygon street accent)

Why are we even considering this to be true. Firstly it was Tom Morris who ‘broke’ the news, his record is proven.
Secondly Brisbane already have a long list of talls. Not only will Ryan need to push out Darcy Fort as first back up, Brisbane have spent three years developing Henry Smith and Kalin Lane as Ruck Forwards and both are about 205cm and 103kg. They have both played about 45 games of VFL in a strong team, and kicked goals.
I just don’t get it. I think Tom Morris is FOS and after what the media did to Fagan I doubt anyone at Brisbane use the media to play bluffs or leak ’news’

I call Bull$h!t (said in a Lygon street accent)

Fort and Lane are both ruckman first, and while I think we're bullish about Smith as a KPF, he still looks quite raw in that role. At VFL level, Fort kicked 12 goals from 14 games, Smith 11 goals from 15 games and Lane 7 goals from 19 games.

Fullarton and Gunston were essentially our KPF depth this season, and both are/will be out the door. We're very thin at KPF.

Fort and Lane are both ruckman first, and while I think we're bullish about Smith as a KPF, he still looks quite raw in that role. At VFL level, Fort kicked 12 goals from 14 games, Smith 11 goals from 15 games and Lane 7 goals from 19 games.

Fullarton and Gunston were essentially our KPF depth this season, and both are/will be out the door. We're very thin at KPF.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

F2 and Henry Smith or Kalin Lane, sold.

You are driving a hard bargain but we half heartedly give you Lane.

**** JasRulz63 start the frigging car right nowwww !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back