Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

Firstly, eagles fans in either group are larger than entire north fan base.

Only thing that has been delusional is north fans thinking that we are desperate for curtin because he is west Australian.

Now that Reid dream is fading away, and that eagles have found another route to curtin, it is again WCE apparently who are the big losers here.

Let’s not forget the good old “north hold all the cards here”. You all know who you are.
If you trade your F1 for Curtin then it seems like people were right to say that the eagles were desperate for him.

Not sure why people keep saying this. They have missed finals for three seasons now, each year getting lower into the spoon. They still rely on older players who are being phased out with no replacements yet.

To get better, they will need other teams to get worse before they can dig themselves out of the hole. I just don’t think anyone else is driving off the cliff like they did 2 seasons ago. 3-4 years of pain still to go through, assuming they draft and develop well.
the eagles have been getting lower because the last 2 seasons theyve had 25 or so players available most weeks, with a bunch of their best players out injured for large chunks, along with having to play the guys on the list who should never have gotten games.
Not sure why you are ignoring this.

To get better we literally just need to have a normal injury list. Then some time for the young guys obviously.
From reports the previous fitness staff were atrocious and have been removed, new guys are there now so I expect it will be much better next year.
It's a little from column A, a little from column B.

West Coast underperformed in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021, blowing a top 2, top 4 and top 8 chance in those respective years. We were certainly over the hill and would have been a mid-table team at best in 2022 and 2023.

But Covid destroyed our early 2022 and injury destroyed both the 2022 and 2023 seasons. On paper, we were not a bottom two team in either of the last two years.

That said, we have no regenerated part of our list and will be a bottom two side on talent in 2024. We'll win more games and be much more competitive but as others have said, noone else is falling off a cliff just yet.

If you trade your F1 for Curtin then it seems like people were right to say that the eagles were desperate for him.
How do you figure that? The talk from North fans all along was WCE using pick 1 on Curtin or trading it to obtain a pick to take Curtin. Instead, we're going to wind up with Reid and potentially lining up a deal to bring Curtin in as well. What that tells me is that we always rated Curtin but we weren't going to give up the most talked about junior for the past two years to get him.

Like the pick 1 discussion, if a suitable deal presents itself, we will trade our F1 and select Curtin. If not, we'll keep it and reassess next year.

How do you figure that? The talk from North fans all along was WCE using pick 1 on Curtin or trading it to obtain a pick to take Curtin. Instead, we're going to wind up with Reid and potentially lining up a deal to bring Curtin in as well. What that tells me is that we always rated Curtin but we weren't going to give up the most talked about junior for the past two years to get him.

Like the pick 1 discussion, if a suitable deal presents itself, we will trade our F1 and select Curtin. If not, we'll keep it and reassess next year.
They'll be some bitter opposition fans if we end up with them both!

If you are trading your F1 to get in Curtin then its fair to say that you really, really rate him and want to bring him in.

So people saying all year that the Eagles really want Curtin were probably right.

Yeah, that ain't happening.

1. North would be stupid and have supposedly settled on Mck and Duursma.

2. NicNat flying over with #9 and a 4 page spread on Reid int eh West today. Doubt all that'd be happening if a trade was on the cards.
Wait and see Eagles may also have to give up an early 2nd rounder.
Or that mid range 1st rounder they have from this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record I like Curtin, and would love it if NMFC drafted him with pick 2 or 3.

My issue isn't with WCE trading for Curtin.

My issue is with the WCE fans who were adamant that Curtin was over-rated, that he is no good, that he wouldn't be best 22 for WCE, (etc etc) only to now turn around and deny they ever said that.

You all know who you are.
You’re exaggerating. Would love to see these posts that say he is no good and will never be best 22. Not best 22 at the start of the season is entirely plausible

There were plenty of posts saying they don’t rate him as the number 1 pick, me included. Also plenty saying they don’t think he’ll make it as a KPD or full time mid, me included. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t use an F1 if we get something decent back in addition

They were talking pic 1 this draft....
Christ nth supporters are bitter, get over it.
Bitter about what? End of the day we are getting 2 of the best 4 under 18 players in Australia. Eagles are getting 1.

I think the word is excited - I’m far from bitter. Going on the last 10 years 2 & 3 is miles in front of pick 1.

Bitter about what? End of the day we are getting 2 of the best 4 under 18 players in Australia. Eagles are getting 1.

I think the word is excited - I’m far from bitter. Going on the last 10 years 2 & 3 is miles in front of pick 1.
Until Harley rips North a new one and then the salt will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back