Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

They could have easily offered more. Eg like 2, 15 and 16. Would have been rejected but not sure why they didn’t rate Reid that highly.
Because jumping from McKercher to Reid isn't a big jump. It's different if you're a few more picks back.

Giving up two first rounders to move up one spot is a massive offer.

Ginbey thrown in the middle in supposedly the worst side in history (that still finished higher than the roos) with a support cast of Gaff and Tim Kelly (and Shuey/Sheed when not injured).

Sheezel HBF.

Time will tell who ends up being the best

Not sure about the finishing higher than the roos, remember we have that delicious wooden spoon?

I agree they played different roles, Ginbey avg 6 tackles, with a high of 16, sheezel 2.9 with high of 6, Ginbey 33% CBA, Sheezel 5%, but Sheezel racks up the touches 27 vs 14

They could have easily offered more. Eg like 2, 15 and 16. Would have been rejected but not sure why they didn’t rate Reid that highly.

I think when it all comes out in the wash we will find out they probably did.

But also once we knocked back Hawks offer, or even Dees offer, seems kind of pointless for North to make lesser offers

Seems a bit odd that north never offered anything close to what Melbourne and hawthorn did?

Do north just rate Reid far lower than WC, hawks and the dees?
McKercher closed the gap in the 2nd half of 2023. He looks outstanding - we were never going to trade 2 & 3 for 1 - no club would.

If that was your asking price then it was easy to walk away. Also the Dees could offer more while in a window - we need all the top end talent we can get.

McKercher closed the gap in the 2nd half of 2023. He looks outstanding - we were never going to trade 2 & 3 for 1 - no club would.

If that was your asking price then it was easy to walk away. Also the Dees could offer more while in a window - we need all the top end talent we can get.

I don’t know, dees sounded like they would throw everything including kitchen sink at it.

You also don’t seem to understand that trade is for Reid. Not pick 1 based on no info on which players you get. there is always a premium where you draft up as you need to make it worth while.

To move someone to give the bird they have in their hand, you have to offer a set number in the bush. What north are arguing is that a bird in hand is same as hand in the bush. Or in this case, that eagles are desperate for those in the bush.

Whatever gives you comfort.

I don’t know, dees sounded like they would throw everything including kitchen sink at it.

You also don’t seem to understand that trade is for Reid. Not pick 1 based on no info on which players you get. there is always a premium where you draft up as you need to make it worth while.

To move someone to give the bird they have in their hand, you have to offer a set number in the bush. What north are arguing is that a bird in hand is same as hand in the bush. Or in this case, that eagles are desperate for those in the bush.

its more we think harley is a flight risk for you and that you'd be better off trading now getting the next best player plus another first rounder then later in a few years

if harley was a wa boy we wouldnt even be discussing this

You seem quite upset that the trade didn't happen.

its more we think harley is a flight risk for you and that you'd be better off trading now getting the next best player plus another first rounder then later in a few years

if harley was a wa boy we wouldnt even be discussing this

North have bottled their chance at a sure superstar, instead opting to load up on hand out second round picks.

More Comben’s, Mahoney’s and Perez’s, just what North need.

I think North rate Reid very highly, but rate others high too. Paying two late firsts to move from McKercher to Reid would be overpaying. Especially when we really need those picks to help balance our list with talls.

Like Sheezel and Wardlaw give me comfort I’m sure McKercher and Duusma will as well.

McKercher had the best under 18 year in the draft. The gap isn’t worth giving up anything more than 2 and a late 1st.

Its 1 draft spot - a lot of recruiters were raving about Ranyor - he was also meant to be the next Dusty.

North have bottled their chance at a sure superstar, instead opting to load up on hand out second round picks.

More Comben’s, Mahoney’s and Perez’s, just what North need.

History repeating itself - 2017 we won the last game of the year and bottled our chances at a sure superstar in Ranyor. We now console ourselves with Luke Davies Uniacke.

Another one was the Blues winning the Bryce Gibbs cup!! Another "sure" superstar that was just a good ordinary player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because a volume of quality players is better for a club in our position than putting most of our eggs in one basket.

History repeating itself - 2017 we won the last game of the year and bottled our chances at a sure superstar in Ranyor. We now console ourselves with Luke Davies Uniacke.

Another one was the Blues winning the Bryce Gibbs cup!! Another "sure" superstar that was just a good ordinary player.

Yep. North have done so well since 2017. Poor Brisbane.

North fans "McKercher is just as good" . I guess its why Demons offered pick 6, 11 and F1st for pick 2 after they offered it for Reid....

Got any posts saying "just as good" or is that the voices?

What we are saying is McKercher closed the gap in the 2nd half of the year and we aren't giving the Eagles what they want.

I'm happy with the best pure mid in the draft. He is really exciting.

North fans "McKercher is just as good" . I guess its why Demons offered pick 6, 11 and F1st for pick 2 after they offered it for Reid....
You just keep making stuff up to sooth yourself. Nobody is saying McKercher is just as good, just saying the difference isn't big enough to justify giving up more than we have offered. Also, back in the FA period Melbourne offered 6, 14 + F1 for 3 and F19. So I'm really not sure what you are on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back