Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be some fun changes of opinions if a trade actually happens.

I see Reid as slightly ahead of McKercher, with McKercher being a much better midfielder. If we traded 2 and 15 and 18 then I think that we are overpaying to get our top guy because we have a lot of picks.

Trading picks 2 and 3 for 1 is a joke. Thats paying 180% value.

I could only see us trading 2 & 3 if it is for 1 & 6, in a three way deal with Melbourne (with 11 going to WC).

If a trade happens then I'd be keen to see WC supporters opinions on McKercher and whether they suddenly see him as close to, or better, than Reid.

I see Reid as slightly ahead of McKercher, with McKercher being a much better midfielder. If we traded 2 and 15 and 18 then I think that we are overpaying to get our top guy because we have a lot of picks.

I could only see us trading 2 & 3 if it is for 1 & 6, in a three way deal with Melbourne (with 11 going to WC).

If a trade happens then I'd be keen to see WC supporters opinions on McKercher and whether they suddenly see him as close to, or better, than Reid.
We rate McKercher highly. There's a poll on our board about the minimal picks required for Reid, and pick 2 for McKercher is the only constant.

so if Melbourne get 6+8 and you know Curtin will be available at 6 are you taking it?
I would love Curtin. I personally prefer him over Duursma but am in a real minority. Duursma seems to be 3 in the people who watch it the most.

As a note to Eagles fans. If Tholstrop doesn’t end in Perth with a statue built I don’t know what you are doing wrong. That man has cult hero written all over him

We rate McKercher highly. There's a poll on our board about the minimal picks required for Reid, and pick 2 for McKercher is the only constant.
Thats good, but saying that it would take another top 8 pick to be worth moving from Reid back to McKercher is saying that there is a huge gap between them.

Your greatest ever player Chris Judd says hello
Ah yes, the man who kept his nose clean while those around him were constantly in the news for various indiscretions or, in Chad Fletcher's case, nearly dying on an end of season trip. Not to mention his partner wanting greater exposure for her career.

If you're going to build a narrative, at least look at the facts.

2 & 3 won't be the only pieces, just the headline pieces. We expect an 'extraordinary' offer, not highway robbery.

Thats good, but saying that it would take another top 8 pick to be worth moving from Reid back to McKercher is saying that there is a huge gap between them.
The way I look at it is that McKercher could become the best player of this draft, while Reid could become the best in the league.

Also, versatility adds points.

That's the point though. Pick 2 and 3 are ridiculous. It's the point most WC fans on here are trying to tell you north folk. We are not trying to hide it. 2 and 3 is overs. But that's exactly what it'll take if you want Reid.

All you guys are doing is proposing a normal and reasonable trade. But your just not understanding the fact that it'll take a completely unfair trade for there to be anything done.

The eagles are more then happy to keep pick 1, just as it seems Rawlings is happy to keep 2 and 3.

How come so many of you don't understand this ?

I'll say again. 2 and 15 is a fair trade if both parties want to swap picks equally. But WC aren't looking it at like you seem to think we are. So stop posting the same s**t!

Can you and your fellow north brethren get that in your heads? It's not hard.

Getting close to 10k so we'll roll it over now. Please be mindful of the board rules if you choose to join the new thread – it will rain thread bans and perhaps infractions if/when basic civility becomes difficult:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back