Traded Taylor Adams [traded to Sydney for pick #33]

Remove this Banner Ad

very strange move by the Swans. Three years is two years too many for Adams. Slow and cant kick.

Pick 23 and Pick 44 for Adams and 36 would be likely. Comes out at Pick 29 for Adams which i think is fair.
Clearly you dont watch Sydney much. They need an inside mid bad. Tay is good at clearances, works hard both ways and is faster then he looks. He is getting a bit old so its a risk but he still played 23 games last year.

Clearly you dont watch Sydney much. They need an inside mid bad. Tay is good at clearances, works hard both ways and is faster then he looks. He is getting a bit old so its a risk but he still played 23 games last year.
Correct, we had to use Papley in the middle because he is probably our best clearance player

Don't start this...

Swans fans love to argue about Mills.

We.dont know what he is. Mid, defender or utility?
Gun player or a bit over rated?
Always a hot topic on Swans board
I really like him off half back, good mark for his size.
Not a great mid as he doesn't really have a football brain

Ok so this is happening.

Definitely didn't see it coming but here we are.

Probably a good move for all three parties.

A win win win.

Pick 23 is a good result for collingwood given they would get less if he moved as a ufa next year (given age).

I think sydney are overpaying for a player who only has 2-3 years left at most (when you consider what coll paid for mitchell) but maybe they feel they need the cover given the mills injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also cannot kick to save himself.
We have plenty of decent kicks. Trick is getting the ball to them from the contest instead of a R50. Adams will help a lot with that

Pick 23 is a good result for collingwood given they would get less if he moved as a ufa next year (given age).

I think sydney are overpaying for a player who only has 2-3 years left at most (when you consider what coll paid for mitchell) but maybe they feel they need the cover given the mills injury.
23 is absolutely overs. I'd expect pick 40 back if we gave 23.

I am concerned the Swans mgt over rates our list.
They seem to think we are a flag contender in 2024.
I'm not convinced of this

Would you move interstate for a 10% pay increase?
I would, and have, when other factors also exist.

Which is the case every time a player moves (there are always other factors).

Is 10 percent enough to make up for Sydney being so expensive to live in though? That is a harder question. And it drags you into the weeds of "but Adelaide and Geelong are cheaper than most places".

I don't envy the AFL having to sort it out.

In the case of Adams though, I suspect the 10 percent is neither here nor there. He will be looking at lists and trying to guess where he will better be.

Thats horrid by Sydney. This bloke is very very ordinary and no doubt will cost more than he is worth

Better off grabbing Lyons from Brisbane or making a play for one of the crouch brobrothers
We tried to get Matt Crouch, he resigned with Adelaide

Que?

Grundy is a VFL player (being paid by collingwood) and Adams is semi cooked.

Add to that buddy retired and we don't really have any big fish atm
Warner and Gulden will have some massive contracts coming their way. But you would think they would be in a good place cap wise.

Parker, Heeney and Mills would be largest contracts (all 800k+ surely?) I would guess, but I don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back