Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure Sydney have done that well here.

Grundy has been moved on to a third club for obvious reasons and Adams was one of the most maligned players at Collingwood.

Time will tell I suppose.

Ahhh. A week earlier………
Yeah because he contacted them the same day as that post. Vice captain of the number one team that was already in the prelim contacting other clubs. Pick 33 for a required player.

Its a good deal for both mobs.
Always good not to pay way overs to secure the guy you chase, and fill a massive list hole.
Cost to club is 600-650K for 4 yrs. These days that is damn good value for a dual All Aust #1 ruck in prime. Clubs are paying over that for slick flankers.
Some could say that is "cheap". A massive relief putting that vacant slot to bed early in trade period.

Yeah because he contacted them the same day as that post. Vice captain of the number one team that was already in the prelim contacting other clubs. Pick 33 for a required player.
You got one thing right.

With a heavily back-ended contract whose position was unfortunately taken. You seem to be more concerned about Adams leaving Collingwood than anyone at Collingwood.

Peace be with you.

You got one thing right.

With a heavily back-ended contract whose position was unfortunately taken. You seem to be more concerned about Adams leaving Collingwood than anyone at Collingwood.

Peace be with you.
Not concerned with Adams leaving Collingwood. I’ve just been stating what has happened, Pies wanted Adam’s and his contract (back ended you say) off their books. They gave him a nudge despite saying publicly he was required. Dees gave James Harmes a nudge to get his back ended contract off their books. I didn’t saying anything was wrong for doing it.

Pretty happy from a dees perspective. Money off the books and a future second involved. Wasn’t expecting more then a second.
If 46 and F2 is all it took to get him out of there, I would have like for us go after him harder. Melbourne would have got more out of us than they did from Sydney. And imagine him shoving it down the throat of our elite mids in the coming years. Would have been lovely.

Swans have made out like bandits there. They are taking on his salary, but even still, if they have the money in their cap to afford him, they haven't given up much draft capital to secure him. Well played

Beatson gave a special thanks to Rawlings for the Stephens dealings.

Good relationship between the clubs outside of BF.

Beatson gave a special thanks to Rawlings for the Stephens dealings.

Good relationship between the clubs outside of BF.
I don't mind the Swans, have been my second team for most of the last 20 years, probably seen more Swans games live than I have North games in that time when I was living in Syd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

September 16, which is Semi final weekend, Adams had already contacted Sydney. Beatson is full of shiit that that he contacted between the Prelim and GF. View attachment 1828653
******* look at that. Beatson already covering for his new player. That's the kinda stuff that makes a team want to run through a wall for a recruiting manager.

If 46 and F2 is all it took to get him out of there, I would have like for us go after him harder. Melbourne would have got more out of us than they did from Sydney. And imagine him shoving it down the throat of our elite mids in the coming years. Would have been lovely.
I get that. However we also didn’t want this circus to carry on further. We were happy for him to find a home then we do the trade.

Very good bit of business for Sydney.

Pick #46 this year is hilarious considering the pick trade which all the Dees supporters are vehemently defending.

Not sure if serious, you realise that wasn't the whole trade, right?

Or was it just a lame attempt at trolling? Arsenal fan so highly likely

Not sure if serious, you realise that wasn't the whole trade, right?

Or was it just a lame attempt at trolling? Arsenal fan so highly likely

Explain the rest of the whole trade to us then.

Sydney have done well here. Fill a massive gap.

Explain the rest of the whole trade to us then.

Sydney have done well here. Fill a massive gap.

Where did I say that it wasn't a good trade for Sydney? More trolling perhaps?

I can't be bothered trying to educate a pissant who is too lazy to read

Where did I say that it wasn't a good trade for Sydney? More trolling perhaps?

I can't be bothered trying to educate a pissant who is too lazy to read

Nice straw man. You going to explain how pick 46 is going to be used? Otherwise jog on.

Ultimately the Demons trading for Grundy was a decent idea that didn't work out because both Gawn and Grundy are number one rucks and couldn't work in the same lineup. So they moved on an expensive contract that they don't have to pay a cent for and got a future second and pick 46, in terms of salary cap dumps that isn't an awful outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back