Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows don't give a s**t about looking like big shots. They just need a deal that works for them, that's all.

Ultimately it probably is just a F2, but good on them for exploring every possibility.
The F2 is a very fair offer.

I'm hoping the Crows continue to fruitlessly stuff around and the clock runs out. We get McAdam in the PSD and keep the F2.

I'd tell them the offer is an F2 until midnight Monday, it's an F3 on Tuesday, it's an F4 on Wednesday and it's the PSD on Thursday.

The F2 is a very fair offer.

I'm hoping the Crows continue to fruitlessly stuff around and the clock runs out. We get McAdam in the PSD and keep the F2.

I'd tell them the offer is an F2 until midnight Monday, it's an F3 on Tuesday, it's an F4 on Wednesday and it's the PSD on Thursday.
You really think nobody would take him before you?

At the end of the day, the crows could've had Petty if they offered significant overs. Adelaide surely didn't look at things through the lens of Melbourne. Losing Petty would be catastrophic. So we would need picks that would be a catastrophic loss for Adelaide. If we're talking about things being fair. 1 first rounder isn't catastrophic. 2 is though. plus some change.

You really think nobody would take him before you?
Given Melbourne have freed plenty of cap space with the departure of Grundy (650k) and Harmes (500k) it would be pretty easy for McAdam and Melbourne to structure McAdam’s salary and contract requirements for the PSD that no other club would go near.

Two years at 700k or something like that. McAdam’s management agree that any future contract will be unders to compensate - similar to the Jack Martin scenario.

Nobody else will pay 700k for two years for an injury prone 28 year old who doesn’t want to be at that club.

I still think it will get done for that future 2nd.

Given Melbourne have freed plenty of cap space with the departure of Grundy (650k) and Harmes (500k) it would be pretty easy for McAdam and Melbourne to structure McAdam’s salary and contract requirements for the PSD that no other club would go near.

Two years at 700k or something like that. McAdam’s management agree that any future contract will be unders to compensate - similar to the Jack Martin scenario.

Nobody else will pay 700k for two years for an injury prone 28 year old who doesn’t want to be at that club.

Lol

The trade will get done but it's ridiculous to think the two WA clubs wouldn't take him before you. Everyone has salary cap room at the top of the draft.

Crows have even more cap space so could redraft him before the Dees.

Any way it won't come to the PSD.

I expect it will get done for a F2.

what on earth. Let me know when McAdam kicks 50 goals in a year, makes the AA squad amd kicks 6 in a granny. Compare McAdam with Melksham and Spargo. Don't compare him with one of the Afls best forwards.
I was just saying that Fritsch was a good player, to another Crows supporter.

Edit: don't be so defensive. He was saying McAdam was a better pack mark, and I was saying what made Fritsch a better player.

I was just saying that Fritsch was a good player, to another Crows supporter.

Edit: don't be so defensive. He was saying McAdam was a better pack mark, and I was saying what made Fritsch a better player.
well obviously. But it's like saying Jake Melksham is a better mark than Buddy. Why even start comparing 2 players that are so apart in standard.

well obviously. But it's like saying Jake Melksham is a better mark than Buddy. Why even start comparing 2 players that are so apart in standard.
Why are you asking me?

Lol

The trade will get done but it's ridiculous to think the two WA clubs wouldn't take him before you. Everyone has salary cap room at the top of the draft.
So why didn't Melbourne select Jack Martin a few years ago when Martin and Carlton did something similar?

I agree with you that there is something ridiculous here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think F2 is fair enough and possibly a little overs. I guess let’s see his output and we Melbourne finish. I get that he is worth more than pick 50 for instance though.
He definitely wasn’t worth a first and to get Petty or Sparrow involved the crows would need to have paid well overs.

F2 is good value given his age, but it still sucks to lose him, as he’s really our only proven medium forward

You’d think we go out and target Hayward next year

I'm not trading Petty

Lol, ask most Adelaide fans. They think this is highway robbery.
Most of us are content with F2.

Like most deals that have ever gone through there will be some wanting more or some wanting to give him free to anywhere.

F2 was always about the right value for just McAdam, but if we were asking the question of Petty/Sparrow/Oliver/who ever else then yes McAdam was steak knives to the deal and we'd be paying up.

Well if both fan bases are feeling hard done by it probably indicates a fair deal.

I'm not at all. Most Dees supporters said a F2, we had loads of Crows supporters initially thinking a straight swap Petty for McAdam was a fair deal, until they read more about it in the media and on forums and realised they were being slightly one-eyed and calmed down a bit.

Glad most of them came to their senses in the end. I'm expecting this gets done today.

F2 is McAdam's value, but the problem is he's worth more as a player now than the F2. At least we will have points next year after our first.

Good luck McAdam, I think Melbourne supporters will like what he adds to the forward line, defensively and aerially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back