Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Out of contract at the end of the year.
A high flying mercurial forward, who might attract some interest from both WA clubs.

Seems happy at the Adelaide, but the Crows have some forward depth and with the Improvement of players like Pedler, Rochelle, Keays etc in the forward line he may feel he has more chances in either Freo or West Coast.
Both WA clubs could offer more than Adelaide will as well.

Don’t think the crows can expect too much if he does choose to leave. At absolute best, I’d say a late second.

He has played some decent footy in what have been some pretty average teams over the past few years.

Don’t think the crows can expect too much if he does choose to leave. At absolute best, I’d say a late second.

He has played some decent footy in what have been some pretty average teams over the past few years.

I think we'd probably do it for a future second, and maybe something else very late for points.

A mid 20s aged player, not entrenched in a best 22, OOC requesting a trade…

Acres, Setterfield, Weideman etc

It’s a third rounder at best. Of course Adelaide would do it for a late second, they’d jump at the chance

It’s a third rounder at best. Of course Adelaide would do it for a late second, they’d jump at the chance
You're talking players who either play positions that are easily replaced, or who had never been near best 22.

McAdam has shown a lot more at AFL level that Weidemann, say.

He's best 22 at Adelaide and played round one - but chose a bad time to be suspended, with the side suddenly striking good form.

A third round pick just means the Crows re-sign him. If he goes, it will be because both sides think it's for the best - it'd need to be a future 2nd, at a minimum.

He has been first 22 for a long time. Got suspended and his replacement did well enough not to be dropped. The Crows forward line is one of the best in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah late 2nd

With his recent injury (considering he’s a player that seems to only play well with full fitness), I can’t see him playing half this season’s games. Considering that will mean he won’t have a locked-in spot in the best 22, I can see him exploring his options

so he is a 30-40 goal per year forward in a side down near the bottom over his career..worth a decent 2nd at least if he was being traded
There's no way a 27 year old non-best 22 roleplayer is getting you a 2nd round pick, regardless of the talent he has to sit behind now.

There's no way a 27 year old non-best 22 roleplayer is getting you a 2nd round pick, regardless of the talent he has to sit behind now.
Lol non best 22. He got suspended for 3 weeks tgen during gather round there were no SANFL games so he has not been able to play till last week.

When match fit, he will be in the best 22

Shane is a poi t kf difference in our Forward line. We have the tall in Thillthorpe, we have the leading full forward in Fog. We have the smalls in Rochelle and Rankine and Shane is that freak who is a mix of a small and leading forward. On top of that he can sit on anyone's head and take a mark.
I hope he stays.
A forward line of
Rankine. Fog. McAdam
Rochelle. Thillthorpe. Tex.
Next year will be ridiculous

You're talking players who either play positions that are easily replaced, or who had never been near best 22.

McAdam has shown a lot more at AFL level that Weidemann, say.

He's best 22 at Adelaide and played round one - but chose a bad time to be suspended, with the side suddenly striking good form.

A third round pick just means the Crows re-sign him. If he goes, it will be because both sides think it's for the best - it'd need to be a future 2nd, at a minimum.

You won't get a 2nd for a fringe medium forward.

The market shows that.

And if he wants to move he will.

That's just how this competition works.

Crows will take the 3rd and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back