Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible late 2nd v late 3rd = round gap.

Certainly not worth the same.

Can't believe you are still trying to spin it they are the same value.

Hey? Most Hawthorn fans argued they were similar in value, with Chol worth slightly more.

You argued (as you've restated) that there was at least a full round difference.

We got an early 3rd for Kozi - it was Richmond's 3rd and they finished 13th (i.e. bottom 6).

We traded Brisbane's F2 (on this year's ladder, the second last pick of R2) for Chol AND a pick back.

In this draft, Brisbane's R2 pick is pick 40. Kozi was pick 49.

You know what the difference between 40 and 49 is? On points, it is the equivalent of pick 61. See here: AFL Draft Pick Value Calculator - Draftguru

Guess what was traded with Chol? Pick 62.

The trades valued them exactly the same. That's not "spin" - that the actual scenario.

Last edited:
Hey? Most Hawthorn fans argued they were similar in value, with Chol worth slightly more.

You argued (as you've restated) that there was at least a full round difference.

We got an early 3rd for Kozi - it was Richmond's 3rd and they finished 13th (i.e. bottom 6).

We traded Brisbane's F2 (on this year's ladder, the second last pick of R2) for Chol AND a pick back.

In this draft, Brisbane's R2 pick is pick 40. Kozi was pick 49.

You know what the difference between 40 and 49 is? On points, it is the equivalent of pick 61. See here: AFL Draft Pick Value Calculator - Draftguru

Guess what was traded with Chol? Pick 62.

The trades valued them exactly the same. That's not "spin" - that the actual scenario.
At the moment, Kozi is pick 49, Brisbane F2 is 35 (based on this year ladder).

To assist your argument, pick 49 will move up significantly when picks will be eaten up by matching bids.

Personally, I think Hawks did very well with Kozi, Tigers paid overs. As for Chol, it seems fair deal.

To assist your argument, pick 49 will move up significantly when picks will be eaten up by matching bids.

Personally, I think Hawks did very well with Kozi, Tigers paid overs. As for Chol, it seems fair deal.
49 Is overs when most expect that barely 50 players will be drafted?

I don’t rate Kozi all that highly but it can’t be anything less than fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

49 Is overs when most expect that barely 50 players will be drafted?

I don’t rate Kozi all that highly but it can’t be anything less than fair value.
Hey, just my opinion. Kozi was close to de-listed material. Considering shortage of KPFs, one year offer from Hawks tells it all. Not sure what Tigers expect from him.

Thanks, I get that but that's a false equivalence in my view.

At the equivalent time (as now), Richmond's pick was actually 42. It has been pushed back to 49 after free agency compo, priority picks, etc.

That's why Brisbane's 2nd rounder this year is actually 40 now so this is the equivalent pick for comparison (as you can't subject 1 pick to all the push backs and not apply the same to the other). Obviously there will be free agency compensation, etc. next year too (not to mention that it is already back 2 spots as North have been given 2 priority picks next year).

The Pies or Lions second round pick 40? ( I think the lions) for Chol seemed fair. Our second round pick would have been way overs!

An pick 49 for Koschitzke was about right.

I rated Kosi and Chol very close in worth. Kosi has development left in him and Chol could be a 50 goal a year forward if he wants it bad enough.

A fair result overall.

Lewis likes to roam up the ground a fair bit. Will Mitchell's aim be to hope for a big mark from Lewis to release Chol running back to goals?

Chol not a big marker so I wonder how it will work.

Lewis likes to roam up the ground a fair bit. Will Mitchell's aim be to hope for a big mark from Lewis to release Chol running back to goals?

Chol marked alright in the finals against Boxhill. Maybe Chol leading at FF and Lewis at CHF

Lewis certainly feels like a more natural CHF, but he hasn't often had a FF to be paired with.

Not sure if Chol is that FF, but he will get first chance at the job. (There aren't many options for second choice at FF...)

Chol marked alright in the finals against Boxhill. Maybe Chol leading at FF and Lewis at CHF
It’s a massive step up from our box hill defenders to the defenders at AFL level.

Even during 2022 when he kicked 44 he still only averaged 3.6 marks a game. Plays a lot more like Buddy used to rather than being a marking forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back