Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Make or break year for Henry where ever he signs on next year will be strongly dictated by how he goes this year. Rumours last offseason about looking at moving and already linked to the Dee's. No excuses not to nail down a wing spot at Freo with Acres leaving so he's got 6 months to earn another decent contract wherever that contract is.

Make or break year for Henry where ever he signs on next year will be strongly dictated by how he goes this year. Rumours last offseason about looking at moving and already linked to the Dee's. No excuses not to nail down a wing spot at Freo with Acres leaving so he's got 6 months to earn another decent contract wherever that contract is.
Does he have the size and physicality to hold up on the wing though? I'm not convinced.

Seems more suited to a flank and if he doesn't chase and tackle naturally as a half forward then that flank should be half back.

And he's unlikely to get games for Freo there given it's probably Freo's strongest position.

Does he have the size and physicality to hold up on the wing though? I'm not convinced.

Seems more suited to a flank and if he doesn't chase and tackle naturally as a half forward then that flank should be half back.

And he's unlikely to get games for Freo there given it's probably Freo's strongest position.
Pre-season and all but the chat has been promising on getting better with physicality, his body has definitely completely transformed since he was drafted. When he actually goes, it's surprising how strong he can be in the contest, particularly aerially.

I'd agree with you that his best spot is probably flank, but forward flank where he can use his creativity to set up others to score a bit easier. He's definitely not getting near our back flank. He also has a problem where he's really agile but he's while not slow, not quite fast enough if that makes sense.

In the end, I think he's too creative and skilful not to have a decent AFL career if he plays about 5% more within himself and realises effort both ways and at all times is non-negotiable. It's close to a do-or-die year for him though and it'd massive for us if he put it all together somewhat and became a best 22 lock.

Supposedly close with kozzie Pickett would be ironic if they were part of a deal that saw them swap sides
Highly ironic, if it weren't for the fact that Pickett is an SA boy. He spent some of his childhood in WA, but his family is in SA. Not every Aboriginal footballer is a West Aussie, its such a lazy stereotype.

Highly ironic, if it weren't for the fact that Pickett is an SA boy. He spent some of his childhood in WA, but his family is in SA. Not every Aboriginal footballer is a West Aussie, its such a lazy stereotype.
He still has some family in WA

And as you mentioned was born there and spent some of his childhood there

He still has some family in WA

And as you mentioned was born there and spent some of his childhood there
Why would he want to go there though? Particularly when his 'adoptive' parents (I believe his aunt and uncle) are in SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE are very interested in him.
Be fascinating to see his season if still out of contract WCE will male a bid I believe

Why would he want to go there though? Particularly when his 'adoptive' parents (I believe his aunt and uncle) are in SA.
Well for start WA shits on SA plus his “adoptive” parents might be in Adelaide but most of his family’s in WA so it actually makes more sense than going back to Adelaide where he only spent a few years before getting drafted
Not sure why your having trouble comprehending this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back