Traded Massimo D'Ambrosio [Traded to Hawthorn for #61 and F4 (Pies)]

Remove this Banner Ad

So why did Hawthorn offer pick 63 if he is free?

Clearly nobody knows about this rule.

Anyway, who cares, it's neither here nor there.
I think both sides knew about the rule (they aren't idiots) but essendon clearly didn't understand the rule, and considering how ambiguous it sounds hawthorn probably didn't understand it either.

Having more information about how the rules work is always a good thing.

You could package it up with your other picks to move up the draft board!

To who? For what?

Who on earth is seeing Pick 63 as an asset to trade down for?

I get it, you'll probably say "Not our issue, find someone who needs points or whatever" but 63 genuinely holds no value.

And 63 is, what...early-mid 4th round these days? I think we'd accept a future 4th rounder, given that at least has a chance of actually being used next year.

Hawthorn fans would probably come back with "Why would we do that when we can get him for free?" - and that's a perfectly fine point. I'd just probably then play the "gesture of goodwill" argument that's currently getting thrown in Dodoro's face.

I think it's funny hawthorn fans laughing at dodo when they offered 63 for a free player (in good faith hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha) you should at least laugh at yourselves as well doesn't seem either team know the full mechanism of the rule

I think both sides knew about the rule (they aren't idiots) but essendon clearly didn't understand the rule, and considering how ambiguous it sounds hawthorn probably didn't understand it either.

Having more information about how the rules work is always a good thing.

I don’t know a helluva lot about the people at Hawthorn, I can confirm the people running Essendon are indeed largely idiots.

Didn’t know the rules and now wants to waste time haggling over a player the Hawks can get for free - on the final day of the trade period - with important trades he still needs to get done.

Even for dodo this is embarrassing.
fraud

Didn’t know the rules and now wants to waste time haggling over a player the Hawks can get for free - on the final day of the trade period - with important trades he still needs to get done.

You do know no trades can actually be lodged yet today right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be sad that he isn't in charge next year

The trade for pick 65 that went through quickly and easily and both sides understood the trading rules? Go for it.

But again, we end up back here

Weird to care so much about a fringe player from a club you don't support getting traded to another club you don't support for a junk pick or for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back