Traded Ivan Soldo [Traded with #50 to Port Adelaide for #41, #49, F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

So essentially:

Freo Future 2nd and 41, as reported

49 and 50 swapping is just odd, but I guess it's still some sort of improvement
Future 4th is likely Pick 60ish, so won't be used

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that they've offered up a lot more for Soldo then Ratugolea despite chasing Ratugolea last year.

Most of the picks between 25 and 41 will be swallowed up by bid matching so by the draft they're likely to be more like 29 and 35-37. And Richmond get Freo's second rounder. Seems like great work by the Tigers.

Trade done.

Soldo + 50
for
41, 49, Fremantle's 2024 2nd, Port Adelaide's 2024 4th

I think Port have picked up a good ruck going into his prime and will like what they get, and I think full credit to them they've been extremely fair at the trade table with that offer, so I can't say no to that.

Trade done.

Soldo + 50
for
41, 49, Fremantle's 2024 2nd, Port Adelaide's 2024 4th

I think Port have picked up a good ruck going into his prime and will like what they get, and I think full credit to them they've been extremely fair at the trade table with that offer, so I can't say no to that.
But apparently we arent being fair in the Rat trade when we offered 25 and he is out of contract.

And we arent being fair for not trading a contracted Duursma straight up for an out of contract BZT.

Dodoro and his protege Mackie have to WIN. Port showing here they are willing to pay up when it is called for even if it looks like overs.

But apparently we arent being fair in the Rat trade when we offered 25 and he is out of contract.

And we arent being fair for not trading a contracted Duursma straight up for an out of contract BZT.

Dodoro and his protege Mackie have to WIN. Port showing here they are willing to pay up when it is called for even if it looks like overs.
I haven't followed those other deals as I'm not particularly invested, but it's been pretty impressive that on short notice Port didn't dick around, they identified a need and gave a generous offer to get it over the line quickly without chaos on both sides and through the media.

Soldo is a good get, coming into his prime. Did you pay slight overs? Probably, but late picks in this draft are pretty inconsequential and really the only key asset lost is Freo's future 2nd, the late pick next year is also inconsequential.

I haven't followed those other deals as I'm not particularly invested, but it's been pretty impressive that on short notice Port didn't dick around, they identified a need and gave a generous offer to get it over the line quickly without chaos on both sides and through the media.

Soldo is a good get, coming into his prime. Did you pay slight overs? Probably, but late picks in this draft are pretty inconsequential and really the only key asset lost is Freo's future 2nd, the late pick next year is also inconsequential.
Which contrasts with how Richmond are conducting themselves with regards Koschitzke.

Happy with that. Very much a need and a big upgrade on what we have. Massive

I don't think it's massive at all, maybe for Richmond. Soldo is hardly a needle mover.

Port paid overs IMO for a decent ruckman who's had injury question marks, that's about it really...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back