Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

It isnt like bruest just showed up at the club with all the smarts he has today. A lot of that was learnt. And he can teach it to the youngsters.
He’s been doing it since very early on. He can try and teach it but I’m not even sure he could.

His brain would be picking up on so many tiny clues that he probably doesn’t even realise the full extent of it. He’s just got the feel for it.

It will start with Eddie who used his platform at every oppotunity to go "its a disgrace Ginni not getting free kicks" It will then become "the bloke ducks his head, play on" as we all know Eddie is a hypocrit and the whole Collingwood supporter base will join in.
As I said though just watch Collingwood supporters change their tune though and we all know who will be leading it, yep that massive hypocrite Eddie.
All very good points but I can guarantee Eddie will be silent when the debate comes up next year about whether the kid deserves a free kick.
Wait till you get a look at Eddie’s u turn on this topic.
Are you alright mate? Eddie Derangement Syndrome is curable

He’s been doing it since very early on. He can try and teach it but I’m not even sure he could.

His brain would be picking up on so many tiny clues that he probably doesn’t even realise the full extent of it. He’s just got the feel for it.
I am working off memory here but I think his tricks were pretty limited in those first few years. Didn't even play a game till like his 3rd season, and still wasn't half the player he is now in terms of nous.

The length of the contract offer by Hawthorn is very risky in my opinion. Are we confident that he is even afl standard in 2 years time. He needs to get to work, big time.

I am working off memory here but I think his tricks were pretty limited in those first few years. Didn't even play a game till like his 3rd season, and still wasn't half the player he is now in terms of nous.
Didn’t play until his third year but hit the ground running and was a very good player from the start.

Didn’t play until his third year but hit the ground running and was a very good player from the start.
Yeah, I absolutely love bruest. Hoping he can teach Jack some things (like not dropping at the knees).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does Luke Breust have that Jack doesn't?
A defensive side to his game.

Deal makes sense for the Hawks, deal makes sense for the Pies, deal makes sense for Ginnivan. Based on draft points, it works out that the equivalent of what the Hawks paid is anywhere from 24 (using this year's ladder positions, 23 for 38 the rd 2 picks next year) to 38 (hawks just miss the 8, pies with a straight sets exit, 30 & 34 the rd 2 picks next year).

Seems fair, he'd be a fringe player for us who might force his way into the team, he'll be a best 22 player for the hawks with potential to improve. He is a forward-only with excellent goal-sense, limited athleticism and very limited maturity. The goal-sense will remain, he hopefully grows up. The best case for what he turns into as an instinctive goal-sneak with a limited defensive side is a less athletic Jeff Farmer.

Strange trade by Collingwood.

You have 4 fwd pockets that are decent there and you trade out the youngest of those pockets..
Not a strange trade at all , just that Jack didn’t read Fly and Wrighty’s room very well. the kid needs to wise up , if he does , will be very good at the Hawks. Just not against your old mob hey Jack 😉

Not a strange trade at all , just that Jack didn’t read Fly and Wrighty’s room very well. the kid needs to wise up , if he does , will be very good at the Hawks. Just not against your old mob hey Jack 😉

Yer he needs to learn from Degoey when he was the same age…

Bloke won a flag a couple of weeks ago and is contracted, and has basically been traded for nothing. Free agency isn’t lingering or anything.

Is he simply a massive tool? What other explanation is there?
I think he is a bit of a free spirited loose canon.

While he is young and immature, he'll be in the headlines

But I like the kid. He is a unique individual who is a gun little footballer. But we know how social media and the media work. He'll always have cameras on him

A defensive side to his game.

Deal makes sense for the Hawks, deal makes sense for the Pies, deal makes sense for Ginnivan.
A lot of young smalls struggle with the defensive side of the game. Hopefully we can teach it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back