Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Safe to say I am completely disgusted on that trade. We truly treat contracted status like the be all and end all of bargaining - unless we trade them in obviously.

That trade will a complete and utter bargain for the Saints

Disgusted? Surprised to read that to be honest.

You guys are obviously the expert on Liam Henry but you got a pick likely to be in the 20's for an uncontracted player wanting out. Not only that, but up until about halfway through this season most Freo supporters didn't seem to want him anywhere near the side.

He appears to have had half a season of decent football in his 4th year - I would think a pick ~ 20's is pretty fair?

Disgusted? Surprised to read that to be honest.

You guys are obviously the expert on Liam Henry but you got a pick likely to be in the 20's for an uncontracted player wanting out. Not only that, but up until about halfway through this season most Freo supporters didn't seem to want him anywhere near the side.

He appears to have had half a season of decent football in his 4th year - I would think a pick ~ 20's is pretty fair?
It wont be in the 20s, the pick is already out a couple picks with North compo and Freo supporters made him a scapegoat. The 2nd round is now basically the most compromised every year. For example, we got a future 2nd tied to Norths finish this year for Logue. That pick, despite North being 2nd last, is going to be about pick 30 by the time it's used on draft night

Why are the two clubs exchanging 4th rounders? Are both clubs saying yeh we think we will be better next year or does one club legitimately think on F4 is better than the other F4?

Why are the two clubs exchanging 4th rounders? Are both clubs saying yeh we think we will be better next year or does one club legitimately think on F4 is better than the other F4?
Saints will be hoping Freo finish lower than them, which is a points upgrade for academy picks.

I wanted something beginning with a 2 ....so technically a F2 counts :D

I obviously don't like it but am I the only Freo fan who thinks Ross is going to absolutely hate how Henry plays the game - a real make or break moment in his career.

It wont be in the 20s, the pick is already out a couple picks with North compo and Freo supporters made him a scapegoat. The 2nd round is now basically the most compromised every year. For example, we got a future 2nd tied to Norths finish this year for Logue. That pick, despite North being 2nd last, is going to be about pick 30 by the time it's used on draft night

Fair enough - ta. An unusual amount of end of first compensation picks handed out this year. Would hope the formula is fixed for next year.

Still, it does feel like Henry is being rated a little higher than he should. Consistently dropped throughout his career so far, including this season. One game in 4 years that has attracted Coaches votes. Some signs of life on the wing in the 2nd half of the year - including a couple of decent games - but with still some obvious limitations (afraid of contact, can barely kick 40m).

Feels like a relatively fair deal from the outside - certainly not a disgusted (i.e. ripped off) situation, especially as uncontracted player?

Fair enough - ta. An unusual amount of end of first compensation picks handed out this year. Would hope the formula is fixed for next year.

Still, it does feel like Henry is being rated a little higher than he should. Consistently dropped throughout his career so far, including this season. One game in 4 years that has attracted Coaches votes. Some signs of life on the wing in the 2nd half of the year - including a couple of decent games - but with still some obvious limitations (afraid of contact, can't barely kick 40m).

Feels like a relatively fair deal from the outside - certainly not a disgusted (i.e. ripped off) situation, especially as uncontracted player?
I'm bigger on his 2nd half of the year, I thought it was very very good. I dont necessarily disagree with your initial assessment and thought a pick in the 20s was reasonable but this will be a long way off it all things considered (and it's next year).

This is the kind of rubbish that holds up trades. Both clubs probably wont even use the pick anyways. One mid table team arguing that they will do worse than another midtable team. Pathetic.

Freo board is a proper laugh right now. Half the board is disgusted at the trade and the other half are saying ‘Henry is s*** anyway’

😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo board is a proper laugh right now. Half the board is disgusted at the trade and the other half are saying ‘Henry is s*** anyway’

😂😂😂
That's par for the course with Henry

A select group have a weird hatred for him, don't realise that skinny players who have an injury in their first year (who also basically didn't play reserves due to covid) will take time to develop

No patience as we have had a tonne of draft picks that have immediately come on, people don't understand that development isn't linear

Would have become a fan favourite by the end of his career, instead he ****ed off to Victoria

😂😂😂

Some of us are saying both.

For those asking about the future 4th rounder swap.

We offered ours to Carlton for Dow and they wanted better.

Realistically. We project to finish higher than Freo next year. Offer the Freo F4 is a better pick point wise

So Dow and Henry for a pick in the 30’s next year?

😂😂😂

I think he'll genuinely start to show the benefit of the investment we put in during the back half of the 4 year contract (not the first season with the Saints as he acclimatises)

AND he was traded based on there being only one suitor for an out of contract player with little exposed form, despite a handful of good games to indicate what he could be towards the back of the year

So I guess I'm of the boat that Henry will come good, and the trade was fair for what he is today :p

Safe to say I am completely disgusted on that trade. We truly treat contracted status like the be all and end all of bargaining - unless we trade them in obviously.

That trade will a complete and utter bargain for the Saints

I think it's just you.

It's exactly what everyone told you it would end up looking like. Including a lot of Freo supporters

I think it's just you.

It's exactly what everyone told you it would end up looking like. Including a lot of Freo supporters
And I could go back and show lots of supporters (including Saints and neutrals) and journalists saying a pick in the 20s is spot on, which is what I expected.

A future 2nd will be a pick in the 30s at best and half a chance of out to 40s given it's already pushed two spots back

And I could go back and show lots of supporters (including Saints and neutrals) and journalists saying a pick in the 20s is spot on, which is what I expected.

A future 2nd will be a pick in the 30s at best and half a chance of out to 40s given it's already pushed two spots back
I bet you wish you could fast forward 12 months.

Some draft pick bounty you hold

I bet you wish you could fast forward 12 months.

Some draft pick bounty you hold
It's a bizarre hand, we have quite a few spots open now with nothing but junk in this year. I have to assume we are moving SOMETHING into this year at some point. If we dont, next year will be fun death riding two teams at least

Must be frustrating for Freo fans, what are your thoughts on where the list is at now after the departures over the last few years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back