Traded Ivan Soldo [Traded with #50 to Port Adelaide for #41, #49, F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a worse team next season without Soldo on the list, Nankervis is injury prone.
With where we are in our transition, we need decent picks where you think you will get a player in the draft or it doesn't make sense for Richmond.
Yeah i m hoping we keep him.

Why does Soldo want to go to Port Adelaide specifically? He doesn't seem to have any family ties there, and there would be plenty of other clubs looking for a ruckman with his strength and ability.

I don't think Port will be able to come up with a trade that would satisfy Richmond anyway.

I am sure he will remain at the Tigers.

Why does Soldo want to go to Port Adelaide specifically? He doesn't seem to have any family ties there, and there would be plenty of other clubs looking for a ruckman with his strength and ability.

I don't think Port will be able to come up with a trade that would satisfy Richmond anyway.

Who else would be offering him the #1 ruck spot? Geelong perhaps. Not sure any other clubs would.

We should just trade Soldo he has been a great development story great around the club,but its time to grant him his wish of being the number 1 ruck on a long term deal with good money. Usually Blair Hartley is pretty fair and grants players their wish if they want to leave e.g CCJ, Higgins, Butler etc and we were willing to trade Soldo to GWS last year before GWS reneged, so I don't know whats changed and why we are dragging our heals. Its a fair trade proposal from port and Ryan is ready to step up and take on more responsibility, we also have Miller, likely Koschitzke, two cat B ruckman and even Balta as an emergency option. Even as a last resort pick up a VFL ruck in the pre season. Soldo won't be the determining factor on if the season is a success or not, I mean we played Grigg in the ruck in a premiership year, and were happy to play Pickett in the ruck at times this year.

That babe he is with any chance she's from Adelaide?

I can't understand it when they are getting Sweet.

Cannot for the life of me work out why Port would be interested in Soldo when they have committed to Sweet.

If what Twomey reports they have offered is on the money, they seem to be panicking and have a "must win now" mentality. I can definitely see the need for one, but not both of them.

Soldo and/or Sweet is not going to be the difference between them taking the next step. What's the go here?
Particularly when Port are struggling to get enough draft capital to make the Sav & BZT trades.

Doubt they can get all 4 deals done tomorrow.

Shouldn't be that hard really, unless Mackie keeps it up.

25 for Esava
41 and f2 for Soldo
Duursma for BZT
49 for Sweet
Problem is it leaves them with their 1st draft pick at #74!

... & they can't use any more futures to trade in this year.

Problem is it leaves them with their 1st draft pick at #74!

... & they can't use any more futures to trade in this year.

What's the minimum amount of players clubs are required to take in the national draft? Is it 2 or 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really matter considering they're not expecting more than 50 picks to be taken.
Does any club want to draft 3 players late though?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Really can't see them landing all 4 players tomorrow so probably academic.

I imagine we will make 1-2 rookie upgrades so we don’t draft 3 players late.

I would not be shocked if we use a late pick or two on a mature aged player either. One of our problems this year was that we’ve drafted so many 18 yr olds over the last 2-3 years and didn’t have enough AFL ready bodies to come in when needed.

Thats the price you pay trading so aggressively two years running.

Could elevate Narkle or pick up or pickup a delisted player in the draft. Not sure if they have any other rookies to elevate either.

He would be a great get for Port.
Played some good footy on the run home once he was able to put the foot issue behind him a bit and get some continuity.
Has a bit of forward craft' around him, too.
And that :moustache: is lustrous as.

Shouldn't be that hard really, unless Mackie keeps it up.

25 for Esava
41 and f2 for Soldo
Duursma for BZT
49 for Sweet

If they need a couple of late picks that will come in, what about the below.

You are on the money for Esava (we get to find out how dumb Mackie is tomorrow, why wouldn't he trade when they will just use the same pick in the draft, makes no sense from Geelongs perspective) and Sweet.

Reckon they get a bit more from the Bombers, BZT and 31 for Duursma and 41, then trade 31, Ports F2 for Soldo, 65 and 68 (both will come in to around pick 50).

Not really.

He wasn't bad towards the end of the year. 8 games, 7.3 (1.5 shots at goal per game), 1.4 marks inside 50. He won't keep that up playing as number 1 ruck (that was when he was 2nd ruck behind Nank) but shows that he can impact. His kicking for goal has also been much improved from when he first joined us, fairly mechanical action, but generally gets it going straight where he wants it to go.

Not really.
I'm comparing him to Brodie Grundy, Lycett, Sam Hayes types, he's OK in comparison with them.
He's not Royce Hart, but he can take a contested mark and slot the odd goal.
Reckon you're a touch harsh on Soldo there, but it's subjective.

I'm comparing him to Brodie Grundy, Lycett, Sam Hayes types, he's OK in comparison with them.
He's not Royce Hart, but he can take a contested mark and slot the odd goal.
Reckon you're a touch harsh on Soldo there, but it's subjective.
He had 2 decent games forward at the end of the year against North and Port but has done * all as a forward other than that. He does kick the odd goal from the ruck but he doesn't have the footy smarts to play as a legit forward target, but not many rucks do. He's an awkward yet accurate set shot within 40, very Mason Cox like.

If they need a couple of late picks that will come in, what about the below.

You are on the money for Esava (we get to find out how dumb Mackie is tomorrow, why wouldn't he trade when they will just use the same pick in the draft, makes no sense from Geelongs perspective) and Sweet.

Reckon they get a bit more from the Bombers, BZT and 31 for Duursma and 41, then trade 31, Ports F2 for Soldo, 65 and 68 (both will come in to around pick 50).
That is what the common man would think...but Dodoro. He won't budge on a straight swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back