Traded Jordon Sweet [Traded to Port Adelaide for #50]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Western Bulldogs want Bonner or Hayes whatever compensation we get for Bonner we'd happily give back for Sweet. Likewise Sweet for Hayes I think should work for both clubs.
If Port have such little confidence in Hayes’ ability that they’re going out and recruiting Sweet, I can’t imagine why we’d want him tbh. If Sinn is available I could see us trying to include him, otherwise future 3rd just seems the most straightforward way of getting it done

If Port have such little confidence in Hayes’ ability that they’re going out and recruiting Sweet, I can’t imagine why we’d want him tbh. If Sinn is available I could see us trying to include him, otherwise future 3rd just seems the most straightforward way of getting it done
Ken Hinkley thinking a player is bad should be all the more reason you do want him. If we offered Jed McEntee or Scott Lycett for Sweet though you should tell us to GAGF.

What did the Crows do, everyone seems to want to go to Port.
They don't have a home.
Still trying to find a venue to build a proper training facility that is up to AFL standards.
Stuck in the former marshlands of "West Lakes" just rotting away.

They don't have a home.
Still trying to find a venue to build a proper training facility that is up to AFL standards.
Stuck in the former marshlands of "West Lakes" just rotting away.
More like anyone coming in to Port know they are an immediate starting 22.

More like anyone coming in to Port know they are an immediate starting 22.
You’re not wrong but only in reference to rucks and KPDs our development of these types of players has been disappointing to say the least

Imagine how much better we will be with depth and class in these areas I don’t think consolation showdown wins will be enough next year if we play finals and you dont again

Out of interest what do you value Sinn at? Pick 12 only 2 years ago and contracted for 2 more years.

I agree Sweet is around a 3rd. But I think Port will rebuff any attempts on Sinn.

Out of interest what do you value Sinn at? Pick 12 only 2 years ago and contracted for 2 more years.

I agree Sweet is around a 3rd. But I think Port will rebuff any attempts on Sinn.

Not just pick 12. From memory Port gave up a second rounder to move from 14 to 12 to get him in the draft. So while he has zero value on the open market because he hasn’t played much yet Port would still hope he can get a good pre season and come on next year.
Would be a top 20 pick to convince them to move him you would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally not more than a mid second round pick attached to Sweet or something like that. I feel he’s lost value, but was obviously quite highly rated only recently (and if I were a Port fan, would rather keep him). Don’t think it’d happen regardless, unless you guys get desperate to get all these deals done while retaining your future first

Not just pick 12. From memory Port gave up a second rounder to move from 14 to 12 to get him in the draft. So while he has zero value on the open market because he hasn’t played much yet Port would still hope he can get a good pre season and come on next year.
Would be a top 20 pick to convince them to move him you would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port needs to improve in three areas; ruck, defence and wing.

Some gurus ranted Sinn the best U/16 footballer in Australia.
Where injuries cruelled his draft year.
So when Port saw he had slipping out of the top ten picks, they traded Ladhams to move their pick to 12 up from 14 (+ future 2nd).

Port are taking a punt on him getting his body right, where this year his played some good games in the SANFL and even jagged some votes in the Margarey medal. If he has a good pre-season next year and can stay on the park, I have no doubt he will start on the wing, where his has big shoulders and can run up and down all day.

Trade talks are stalling, I presume that Port are prioritising the Zerk-Thatcher and Ratugolea trades and will probably have to use what's left for Sweet.

Fringe rucks tend to go pretty cheaply at trade time so we can't expect much.
If the trade did fall through I'd welcome him back with open arms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back