Prince St

All Australian
Sep 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAOK FC
24 year old, 195cm KPD, OOC at the end of 2023.

Showed some form last season and has started 2023 really well.

Kicking this off in hope his name is at the top of a list in Alberton.

In a recent interview with Twomey, Port GM Chris Davies after being asked about Ratugolea, mentions that a key back is an area of our list we ‘need to keep looking at.’

He goes on to mention how the age profile for what we currently have (developing defenders and guys over 30) means we’re targeting a ‘mid twenties aged player,’ to come in and play regular footy.

Don’t know much about his negotiations with Essendon, as concerns around Parish and Redman have been louder.

Drafted out of Sturt, would think Adelaide have interest too.

Last edited:
I’m certainly interested in him purely as port needs a key defender, though he’s not showing signs of any kind of being a high end tall so I am kind of cool on him at the same time.

If we got him I would hope it would be cheap and then he develops more in our system. At least a serviceable 195cm tall could help Alir play to his best more often, so there is a need there for him even if he’s not projecting to be high end.

Don’s probably don’t have a lot of ready made key defenders that I’m aware of so they might make him a good offer to stay.

17AA4261-3D93-4090-A4F9-FE4670690D9B.jpeg DC0157C9-D487-4763-9F49-633D62930D52.jpeg

Would be in my top 4 priority re-signings with Redman, Hobbs and Jones. Has been great this year, and will be interesting to see whether he wants 2 years to take him to free agency or if he wants a longer deal (if he stays)

I think Dodoro does too. Didn't he get a 4 year contract before anyone else in his year had signed? And he hadn't played a game yet and no one except eth rated him
Nah, standard two year contract after round 5 of his second year and then again 2 years ago.

Go away.
Angry The Lord Of The Rings GIF

BZT is one of the most improved players in the comp. Gets his payday while signing a contract in career-best form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could have left a couple of years when he was struggling in Essendon's VFL team but chose to fight it out and stay at Windy Hill (to his credit)

Would be surprised if he left given how hard he has fought his way in Essendon's best 22.

His improvement over the last 18-20 months has been extraordinary, definitely a late bloomer type of player (which Dodoro loves for some reason)

He could have left a couple of years when he was struggling in Essendon's VFL team but chose to fight it out and stay at Windy Hill (to his credit)

Would be surprised if he left given how hard he has fought his way in Essendon's best 22.

His improvement over the last 18-20 months has been extraordinary, definitely a late bloomer type of player (which Dodoro loves for some reason)

When he came into the senior side he looked like a deer in headlights, so there was no way another club would be looking at him at that stage! It is crazy how much better he is. It is almost Liam Jones at Carlton level of turnaround. Though, playing forward is obviously much harder than defence.

I think you're right that he'll feel like the club backed him in, but I also don't think he would have been tempted before. If Ridley is already proven and while Laverde is just a stopgap for now if Reid and Cox get their bodies right Zerk might be battling to get a game. Even if they do, it will be a few years away before they would ever pass him. If I was him, and I wanted to stay at Essendon, I'd only do a 2-year contract to see how it plays out with Baldwin, Hayes, Reid and Cox at Essendon.

If they all come on and go past him he'll be a sought-after player if he keeps up his current output and will be able to pick the best club for him. However, there is still a good chance that Cox and Reid never reach their potential (tall and skinny), plus I think he'll always have that SOS-like desperation over Baldwin. Hayes will most likely be part interceptor. He adds a point of difference to our defence compared to the rest and I think he could easily lock down a spot if he wants to stay.

Like I said, he should sign a two-year contract and back himself in to be worth a bidding war at that time or have locked a place in a team that should be on the up.

Yeah, was tough when their mids basically made it a training drill out of the centre square. He’s a much better job on Cameron in second half, big fan of his competitiveness.

It’s tough to organise a backline that can cover all bases. A competent interceptor is a non-negotiable but then it’s almost a trade off between a tall athletic KPD and a big bodied, strong one so as to not be too tall.

Then you just hope your third, 188-193cm guy can make up for any deficiencies. Shows that they’re missing Laverde a lot.

Last edited:
He’s more that athletic chb

Dons trying to play him on the gorillas
No, he isn't. He's better on the gorillas. The issue is that Hawkins is a different class of gorilla.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back