Traded Xavier Duursma [Traded to Essendon for Zerk-Thatcher, #73, 2x F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Le Archie

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
This is going to grow legs the next two weeks. What is his trade value and what has happened to him from bursting on to the scene to now?

Was about to post this myself ;)

I think it was Port's list manager on Trade Radio earlier today, who seemed to have quite a casual "well if it happens, it happens" attitude to the whole business. Didn't sound like they were blindsided or desperately struggling to keep him.

Interesting to see if he moves as part of either the Esava or the BZT deals......

You'd think 37 + Duursma secures both Rata + BZT if going down that path.

Either in a multi team trade or using the assets garnered from Duursma to secure the other player.

Duursma always seems to start the season well, looking a million dollars when for and firing after a good pre season. He has had mid season injuries every year that he really struggles to recapture his form after, even if they aren’t major. At his best he is a very good 2 way runner, best position on a wing. Skills need to improve. I know people tend to over rate their own but I would hope we are getting something reasonable along with zerk thatcher if we are giving up duursma.

Was about to post this myself ;)

I think it was Port's list manager on Trade Radio earlier today, who seemed to have quite a casual "well if it happens, it happens" attitude to the whole business. Didn't sound like they were blindsided or desperately struggling to keep him.

Interesting to see if he moves as part of either the Esava or the BZT deals......
on form this year you cant really blame him for having this attitude

thought he was amongst ports worst in both finals games

Had a shocker of a finals series. Looked slow, fumbly and lacking in skill. He was anything but when he burst onto the scene.

Looks like his confidence is absolutely shot. Think he needs a new environment and some more confidence in his body.

Port trying to bulk him up has been so detrimental to his career.

Well that escalated quickly. What’s his best position Port fans? And how has his form tracked since his excellent first season in the comp?
His best position is wing.

He isn't an elite kick but has an elite tank and overhead mark. He's fit and courageous.

His form has fluctuated with injuries. He seems to take a while to re find his form. But once he does he is excellent.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Xavier Duursma is Ken F##King Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back