Traded Brandon Zerk-Thatcher [Traded to Port Adelaide in Duursma & Picks Swap]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like we are being outplayed by everyone this trade period so wouldn’t suprise about the Duursma/BZT deal. Think you guys have approached it better talking up how valued BZT is and you want him to stay. All while Davies gets on radio and tells everyone we won’t block Duursma from leaving if he thinks his best football is elsewhere.

I don’t see how this doesn’t get done

Tbh I think this deal is low value both are second rounder types. Meh no need to try strong arm each other so don’t mind port playing it with a straight bat. If essendon are the ones asking for more then that’s when a psd threat comes in.

Port's PSD threat is laughable. We'll gladly pick him back up before they get the chance.

Don't really understand the posturing, a straight swap is more than fair.

With Essendon going out of their way to be involved in the Dow/Coffield trade to get 35, think it will be something like BZT and 35 for Duursma and 41.

Slight pick upgrade on our behalf.
Wouldn't count on it. i think Essendon are going to bundle 31 and 35 and try to get a pick in the early 20s to take to the draft. But you could have the f4. i can't see us using it.

Being a neutral just means you don’t watch either player and really have no idea apart from what the media occasionally shows you.

I actually get that… Duursma has a profile, basically due to his rookie season, which was very good, and the bow and arrow. He was a high draft pick and delivered on that.

The issue is he’s done very little since. He played 16 games this year, which is his highest for a few years, gets his 15 touches and really does little of note.

ZT’s trajectory has basically been the opposite. He’s a 195cm key back who played 22 games this year as the #1 defender. He’s really developed in a critical position where there is a shortage of available players. Port have targeted him for a reason, he’s an underrated KPP who has developed and will only be better with some support around him.

In terms of what they’re worth, there’s a clear high value being placed on key backs. There’s not many available.

Personally I would 100% prefer to keep BZT than get Duursma. But he’s gone, he wants out.

Duursma could be a nice pickup, but he’s not going to be as critical to structure as ZT. I think he would’ve thrived in 2024 with McKay around to take the gorillas, and I reckon he’ll do that at Port.

Reckon a straight swap is probably about right.
Zerk-Thatcher would have been very close to Ben McKay to winning the reverse Coleman. You can hype it up as much as you like but as far as I'm concerned he's worth a little more than Lewis Young.

Zerk-Thatcher would have been very close to Ben McKay to winning the reverse Coleman. You can hype it up as much as you like but as far as I'm concerned he's worth a little more than Lewis Young.
Like Cooney said, he'll do much better as the 3rd defender, and you'll have Esava and Allir to actually play on people.

Zerk won the reverse Coleman and McKay wasn’t even top 5.

Didn’t stop you guys offering him 4 years though.

an equalisation model in tittle only. FS and academy picks should be scrapped. The draft is the only mechanism that allows the equalisation, and thats pretty corrupted.
Is duursma that good?

Seems if so keen to keep duursma what pick do you think port would give up for zerk?

Zerk and 35 for duursma and 41 makes sense to me.

I like duursma as straight swap or close to even value but not against upgrading pick in draft if duursma off the table. 9, 31 and 35 is good draft hand with the other free agent inclusions. Think likely to only use two picks if we get duursma if not go with the 3 and let bzt walk. Port come away with no kpd

Be good to get a pick back so we can hopefully use 31 and 41 to move up slightly with a gold coast pick for points swap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port's list management team disagrees.

That's your perspective mate.
On the one hand you have BZT - A KPD (an area of need for you) who has improved year on year and is a walk up best 22 starter. Versus on the other hand a highly talented flanker (we have enough flankers, Dodo likes to turn them into mids) who has gradually regressed since he burst onto the scene in year one and is now barely best 22. I mean you can have 35 for 41 if you really want to be dicks about it, but you can't seriously ask for more than that with a straight face.

Port's PSD threat is laughable. We'll gladly pick him back up before they get the chance.

Don't really understand the posturing, a straight swap is more than fair.

PSD might be, but you can't force a player to sign with you.

He doesn't want to be there and is uncontracted, after the draft if he refuses to sign he becomes a de-listed free agent and walks to his club of choice anyway.

He doesn't want to be there and is uncontracted, after the draft if he refuses to sign he becomes a de-listed free agent and walks to his club of choice anyway.
Please refrain from posting if you don’t understand the simplest of rules.

Is that actually how it works? And if so why don't more players (like every player wanting to move ever) do that?

Tell me you don't understand how drafts work without telling me you don't understand how drafts work.

Port have really paid overs for Ratugolea and Soldo but won’t cough up for BZT.
Because he is the worst player out of those 3. Also, soldo was contracted. Like Duursma.

Because he is the worst player out of those 3. Also, soldo was contracted. Like Duursma.
Yeah, nah.

Anyways, straight swap or we’ll just pick him back up in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back