Traded Xavier Duursma [Traded to Essendon for Zerk-Thatcher, #73, 2x F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon is increasingly likely only to take 2 live picks into the draft. I suggest the haggling is that Essendon want;
BZT + 52 (3rd round) >> Duursma. This is about right.

Jason Cripps just being difficult to deal with. Should’ve been a straight swap on the first day of trade period. If they want 52 they can have it…

Essendon is increasingly likely only to take 2 live picks into the draft. I suggest the haggling is that Essendon want;
BZT + 52 (3rd round) >> Duursma. This is about right.
If there is ever a time where Port just need to say "* you they are going to nominate for the draft" then this is the year.

Duursma is on contract and he can stay, Ratagolea can get picked up at 23 in the draft and BZT can go to the pre-season draft. I think that is the * you this draft deserves.

If there is ever a time where Port just need to say "* you they are going to nominate for the draft" then this is the year.

Duursma is on contract and he can stay, Ratagolea can get picked up at 23 in the draft and BZT can go to the pre-season draft. I think that is the * you this draft deserves.
I think Essendon had a contract in front of BZT, so they probably just draft him in that case don't they?

Fair enough, a lot of Power supporters were having none of F1 being involved at all. Now its been split and Geelong still not happy. Now looking like F1 and Duursma for Rat, BZT and Sweet.

F@*k YouSe we well wAlk hiM tO tHe DrAfTttt. sigh Port Supporters....

Port just sticking to the reputation of being difficult to deal with.

Just disappointing.

I'd suspect the Essendon and Port trade will get done soon.

How Port accommodates Geelongs demands though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I can remember, I can't remember anyone going to the PSD while historically it has happened to us. However Geelong particularly are just taking the piss. Also anyone from Essendon who think Zerk-Thatcher is worth equal to Duursma are disingenuous.

Ditto Xavier who was shown the road to exploring his options after not locking down a best 22 spot at Alberton
Bullshit post - none of it correct.

Duursma is not been shown the road - apparently he dislikes Daddy Donuts the man that all players love.

And for me that makes him someone who loves Port and I wish him all the best. He must hate him bad wanting to go to Essendon.

Bullshit post - none of it correct.

Duursma is not been shown the road - apparently he dislikes Daddy Donuts the man that all players love.

And for me that makes him someone who loves Port and I wish him all the best. He must hate him bad wanting to go to Essendon.

All the early reports seemed to insinuate that he was allowed to look elsewhere and the fight was severely lacking to keep him. Only once the rumours of him wanting out increased was anything said from PORT Adelaide.

Zerk nominated Port moments after Port finished up for the year which suggests he was courted well before it happened with those rumours starting he wanted to return "home" well before the season had finished.

I know it's all opinions, mine are just more educated than yours.

for the record, Duursma + 37 for BZT and 30 isn't too far off it. With Essendon possibly only taking 2 (live) picks in the national draft, I don't think we want to go back for a player we don't necessarily need.

Lol, just lol.

Duursma has already left the building & will be traded for BZT.

You are delusional if you think you can get him via the PSD... given you finished nowhere the bottom of the ladder.

All the early reports seemed to insinuate that he was allowed to look elsewhere and the fight was severely lacking to keep him. Only once the rumours of him wanting out increased was anything said from PORT Adelaide.

Zerk nominated Port moments after Port finished up for the year which suggests he was courted well before it happened with those rumours starting he wanted to return "home" well before the season had finished.

I know it's all opinions, mine are just more educated than yours.

for the record, Duursma + 37 for BZT and 30 isn't too far off it. With Essendon possibly only taking 2 (live) picks in the national draft, I don't think we want to go back for a player we don't necessarily need.
More bullshit.

The truth as I understand it is the Duursma, at his exit interview stated that he would be open to a trade if it was an option. And I don't blame him at all as he was brought back into the team under done and still injured. Plus prior to this he was played out of position for some time when he was injured playing inside mid. Plus the Hinkley thing which signs his exit papers. I don't blame him for leaving.

As for Zerk-Thatcher he would have been contacted some time ago if he was contemplating coming home just to get in ahead of the Crows. SA people know who want to come back, people have known for 12 months that Petty wants to come back home.

As for whose opinions are more educated I'm sure your nuffy Essendon mates will back you up. As for others ....well

More bullshit.

The truth as I understand it is the Duursma, at his exit interview stated that he would be open to a trade if it was an option. And I don't blame him at all as he was brought back into the team under done and still injured. Plus prior to this he was played out of position for some time when he was injured playing inside mid. Plus the Hinkley thing which signs his exit papers. I don't blame him for leaving.

As for Zerk-Thatcher he would have been contacted some time ago if he was contemplating coming home just to get in ahead of the Crows. SA people know who want to come back, people have known for 12 months that Petty wants to come back home.

As for whose opinions are more educated I'm sure your nuffy Essendon mates will back you up. As for others ....well
you literally just confirmed what I said without wanting to agree with it

Im happy to discuss without the name calling :thumbsu:

Lol, just lol.

Duursma has already left the building & will be traded for BZT.

You are delusional if you think you can get him via the PSD... given you finished nowhere the bottom of the ladder.
Nobody would draft Ratagolea pre pick 22 in the open draft. And the Cows don't even want Zerk-Thatcher and nobody will pick up a player that does not want to play for their club. I rate Zerk-Thatcher slightly better than Lewis Young who went to Carlton for Pick 52.

Nobody would draft Ratagolea pre pick 22 in the open draft. And the Cows don't even want Zerk-Thatcher and nobody will pick up a player that does not want to play for their club. I rate Zerk-Thatcher slightly better than Lewis Young who went to Carlton for Pick 52.
assuming that was in a good draft class? there will likely be less than 50 picks across both drafts so always variables coming into play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back