Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

that's nice of my most hated team to recruit my most hated player so I can hyperfocus my hatred in one spot instead of spreading it over multiple ;)

Two blonde princes, one on either side of the ground.

Values him at pick 30 assuming positions stay the same. Likely they don't (Hawks rise a bit, Pies unlikely to go B2B although they'll be up there no doubt) so more likely than not 30 is the highest potential value.

Assuming ladder positions stay the same, it ‘values’ him at pick 23.
I think it'll work out to be a bit less than that, even if ladder positions remain exactly the same.

There's already 2 end of first round picks for North next year, with the expectation that like this year, a bunch more will be coming for FA compensation, etc.

Early 2nd round picks are now the most affected in the draft (with later picks coming back in again due to bid matches).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think that Sam Mitchell might have have the ability to turn Ginni around both personally & professionally?

Of course Ginnivan can turn things around at Hawthorn.

Whatever you may think of Jack, the fact is he's 20 years old. He's immature and frankly seems a complete idiot, and he has made some very poor decisions through his short career to date, but he is still very young.

With more maturity and perspective and a new environment...anyone who thinks he can't turn things around is being silly.

But let's not put all our eggs in the Sam Mitchell basket. If Jack does turn things around it's not going to be solely because of Sam's influence. There will be many people who influence that.

We paid too much

I dunno.

Based on this year's ladder positions, the pick swaps value Ginnivan as pick 29/30. That is pretty much with the widest finishing position margin between the clubs that is feasible.

If Hawthorn improve just a couple of spots, Ginnivan will be valued in the late 30's/early 40's.

The chances of selecting a player that will offer more than Ginnivan at that point of the draft is very slim.

He has his flaws but has shown something, is 20 and is a big list need for us.

Geez Hawks have paid up big time for this culture killer, the loss of the F2 is going to really sting next year.

Sheesh an essendon supporter who's club traded for Jake Stringer is talking about culture.

Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Geez Hawks have paid up big time for this culture killer, the loss of the F2 is going to really sting next year.

Imagine saying a 20 year old is a culture killer a few weeks after he played in a premiership! Collingwoods culture seems pretty good to me.

Lots of salt in this thread, I'll bet Ginnivan is reading it too. Hi Jack, welcome home!

Could have came attached with Pick 1 and the Hawks still would have lost this deal. Why anyone wants this spud who's also a locker room cancer is above me.

Too harsh IMO.

Has his weaknesses but only 1 Carlton player in the last 30 years has kicked more goals at the same age as Ginnivan is now.

That player is Eddie Betts - who kicked 2 more goals from 15 more games. Not Harry McKay, not Charlie Curnow, not Brendan Fevola, not Jeff Garlett or any of your other smalls.

Of course, that's not to say Ginni will be close to any of those players but does demonstrate he has shown something more than being a 'cancerous spud'.

Ignore the bitter trolls hawk fans. Although Ginni is no certainty to make it if he trains hard and you get him close to goal he could be a real gem going forward. He will kick 25-40 goals for you. Very good both sides of the body a great shot for goal and a solid mark for his size. If anyone can get the most out of him its one of his idols in Sam Mitchell. Good luck next season.

Imagine saying a 20 year old is a culture killer a few weeks after he played in a premiership! Collingwoods culture seems pretty good to me.

Lots of salt in this thread, I'll bet Ginnivan is reading it too. Hi Jack, welcome home!
Perhaps you are yet to realise it's the Collingwood culture that has moved him out of the club...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back