Traded Elijah Hollands [Traded to Carlton with #28 & F4 for #26 and F3(Ess)]

Remove this Banner Ad

yes

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

View attachment 1833699

Good effort.

Even more incredible that after building up his tank, it still looks like he runs in treacle.

GC must have a hate boner for Hawthorn.

Made us pay through the nose for JOM and now playing hardball with a reserves forward in Chol.

Gives away Bowes + pick 7 and is now in all likelihood dropping (another top 10 pick) in Hollands for peanuts.

At least we got Scrimshaw for cheap I guess.

I think there is something to work with Hollands, just unfortunately at the moment it looks like that ACL plus the COVID years may have hindered his early progress. You wonder if those kids had a full year of u/18s how the draft order would have changed? I'm surprised he is going to Carlton though, that midfield will be hard to break into.

I think there is something to work with Hollands, just unfortunately at the moment it looks like that ACL plus the COVID years may have hindered his early progress. You wonder if those kids had a full year of u/18s how the draft order would have changed? I'm surprised he is going to Carlton though, that midfield will be hard to break into.

I'm guessing that we're looking to play him in that half-forward/midfield role ala Bailey, Rayner, Petracca etc. Hopefully we can help him regain some pace and explosiveness.

Not my fault your last real senior coach kept dropping krispy kreme fillings on the magnet board and missing him from the team sheet as result
There was a reason he kept getting dropped, then they tried to play him on the wing and off hb in the vfl. That didn’t work either. Ended up finishing the year as an inside mid

There was a reason he kept getting dropped, then they tried to play him on the wing and off hb in the vfl. That didn’t work either. Ended up finishing the year as an inside mid
You would know more than me, I'm just being a flog for the sake of being a flog. Really do want the kid though.

GC must have a hate boner for Hawthorn.

Made us pay through the nose for JOM and now playing hardball with a reserves forward in Chol.

Gives away Bowes + pick 7 and is now in all likelihood dropping (another top 10 pick) in Hollands for peanuts.

At least we got Scrimshaw for cheap I guess.
Kinda killed your own argument there mate

Apparently a done deal.

GC receive: 26, F3

Carlton receive: E. Hollands, 28, F4

Once GC match bids in the draft, 28 should be back to 26.

Absolute steal for Carlton.

Strange which players they dig their heels in for while letting quality talent walk out the door.

Think Elijah needed a kick up the arse though. Hope he turns his career around.

Apparently a done deal.

GC receive: 26, F3

Carlton receive: E. Hollands, 28, F4

Once GC match bids in the draft, 28 should be back to 26.
No one uses fourth rounders any more so they're worthless, unless you're Mackie LOL

So basically traded for Carlton's F3, a pick in the mid/late 50's - bargain. GC sure knows how to throw away assets, been doing it for a decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the good work they did earlier in the trade period this is close to a Bowes-level * up. Hollands may or may not turn out good but it wasn't that long ago he felt like the next big thing. Surely they could've gotten more than some pick upgrades. Hell, even #26 alone would've been reasonably fair.

No one uses fourth rounders any more so they're worthless, unless you're Mackie LOL

So basically traded for Carlton's F3, a pick in the mid/late 50's - bargain. GC sure knows how to throw away assets, been doing it for a decade
Still hold a points value, which we'll potentially need for the Campo twins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back