Traded Dogs trade #10, #17 and F1 to Gold Coast for #4, #46, #51 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with that. I think our realistic worst case scenario next year is a finish of 9-12th. Best case, who knows.

I think we paid overs but in the end we were the ones that had little leverage due to pick 17 needing to be moved. If that Suns F3 was a F2 instead then the deal would've been a lot better.

geez

a bit all or nothing for the dogs

you'd wanna hope they have a plan for that pick 4 that puts them in the top 4 on 2024.

Hopefully the AFL finally wakes up to the reality about the points and creates a new table.

Excellent deal for GC, especially since it is not inconceivable that WB could collapse in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a massive spend by the Bulldogs – essentially two first-rounders for a six pick upgrade, when the clear top-five (Reid, McKercher, Curtin, Duursma and Walter) will already be off the board after the McKay compo and academy bid.

You'd hope that they haven't invested all of that in a 170cm small forward, even if he does have some freakish talent. You'd want to end up with an absolute blue chip prospect for that kind of spend.

We got picks back to match Croft who will also be bid on early.

And we have a strong 2025 and 2026 father sons, some of who will go fairly high so we will want to move our 2025 first into next year...

English and Bailey Smith might also leave so we could have multiple first rounders next year

It's easy to be short sighted

Hopefully the AFL finally wakes up to the reality about the points and creates a new table.

Excellent deal for GC, especially since it is not inconceivable that WB could collapse in 2024.
Wow, GC winners in a trade for once. Now also got 10 & 17 to mine more gold. Clubs scrambling to assemble offers. GC big winners already in this trade, all the possible downside, and it could be big downside, lies with the Dogs.

Got Bevo at the helm, could well have given away a single figure pick in 2024.

Would have a big laugh if someone bid on Croft in the early teens, which is where the blue chip talent runs out, Dogs wouldn't have the necessary 2023 points

Wow, GC winners in a trade for once. Now also got 10 & 17 to mine more gold. Clubs scrambling to assemble offers.

Got Bevo at the helm, could well have given away a single figure pick in 2024.

Would have a big laugh if someone bid on Croft in the early teens, Dogs wouldn't have the points
Lol yes we do .. and we are expecting it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back