Traded Nick Coffield [Traded to Dogs in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would hate to lose him but no games in two years is hard to justify.

If we can turn him into a pick that gets us Dow then that's probably a win.

Will only be a token pick unfortunately.

A good cheap pick up for any club interested. I'd be sad to lose him. Just needs a bit of luck with his body.
I think he will be perfect fit for us hope he can get his body right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he hasn't played in 2 years due to injury and you think that adds value?

What it doesn't do is reduce his value to zero. You think Brisbane will over Ashcroft for a pick in the 40's at the end of next seaon?

What it doesn't do is reduce his value to zero. You think Brisbane will over Ashcroft for a pick in the 40's at the end of next seaon?
If Ashcroft doesn't play next year and the year after and is OOC and wants to move yes he has no value

Yes injury riddled players have no trade value,

Find me a player that was OOC injury riddled and went for a high price

A player that has had a knee reco is not injury riddled. What's Sam Darcy worth then?

A player that has had a knee reco is not injury riddled. What's Sam Darcy worth then?
Sam Darcy has played football in the last 2 years is contracted and hasn't suffered a serious injury to keep him out for 2 years,

Can you stop with the strawman arguments and provide me a player who was OOC missed 2 years due to injury that had a high trade price

Sam Darcy has played football in the last 2 years is contracted and hasn't suffered a serious injury to keep him out for 2 years,

Can you stop with the strawman arguments and provide me a player who was OOC missed 2 years due to injury that had a high trade price

There has been plenty but a pick 8 that is highly rated is not getting thrown out.

Coffield 6 years into his career not 2. He's also only ever showed modest AFL form with one solid hub year. He was over his ACL near the start of the season and didn't manage to feature at AFL level (and only 4 VFL games) due to injuries and form.

His value is a later pick upgrade for a variety of reasons. Not to mention he's OOC.

Last edited:
Coffield 6 years into his career not 2. He's also only ever showed modest AFL form with one solid hub year. He was over his ACL near the start of the season and didn't manage to feature at AFL level (and only 4 VFL games) due to injuries and form.

His value is a later pick upgrade for a variety of reasons. Not to mention he's OOC.

He played the last few games of the season after setbacks after a knee reco and was selected as an emergancy late. He's highly rated and a two year contract is in front of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back