Remove this Banner Ad

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
TRADES COMPLETED DURING 2023 AFL DRAFT

1. St Kilda gets pick 42. Melbourne gets a future third.

2. Brisbane gets pick 24. Gold Coast gets picks 30, 51, 54, and 65.

3. St Kilda gets pick 27. Gold Coast gets picks 40 and 42.

4. Fremantle gets pick 38. Gold Coast gets picks 46, 60 and 63.

5. Adelaide gets picks 8 and 17. GWS gets 11, 15 and a future second.

6. Essendon gets pick 10. Geelong gets picks 11 and 31.

7. GWS gets pick 17. St Kilda gets pick 18 and a future second.

Interesting that theres hardly any information on this unless you deep dive into one of the drafting threads.

I find the essendon geelong pick swap interesting. Most of the time you pick swap atleast 2 spots ahead, which basically means Geelong agreeing to the trade and willing to only moving back 1 they knew were not going to select caddy at 10 anyways therefore essendon burning a second rounder for nothing. Eg caddy would have been there at 11. Thoughts?

I find the essendon geelong pick swap interesting. Most of the time you pick swap atleast 2 spots ahead, which basically means Geelong agreeing to the trade and willing to only moving back 1 they knew were not going to select caddy at 10 anyways therefore essendon burning a second rounder for nothing. Eg caddy would have been there at 11. Thoughts?
100% agree. Well known Essendon wanted Caddy. Geelong don’t trade if they want Caddy which then makes no sense why Essendon did it.

Bit like the GWS shenanigans, they wanted their 2 guys and did so by moving the picks around before rival clubs who would be interested in them. They also do the same thing as Essendon and moved up 1 place probably to prevent anyone else trading for it.

What's weird is the Dogs being ahead of the hawks on the draft board tonight..

They started the draft with 48,50,52,53 and hawks had 44,47,49..

We both lost our first 2 picks to match bids for F/S and i can't see any live trades that would suggest the Dogs 3rd pick has jumped above the hawks 3rd pick?

Lore are you across what may have happened?

Bit like the GWS shenanigans, they wanted their 2 guys and did so by moving the picks around before rival clubs who would be interested in them. They also do the same thing as Essendon and moved up 1 place probably to prevent anyone else trading for it.
Yes Didn't the AFL article suggest WCE were offering their F1 to both GWS and Geelong.

We both lost our first 2 picks to match bids for F/S and i can't see any live trades that would suggest the Dogs 3rd pick has jumped above the hawks 3rd pick?

Carry over points from the matching?

TRADES COMPLETED DURING 2023 AFL DRAFT

1. St Kilda gets pick 42. Melbourne gets a future third.

2. Brisbane gets pick 24. Gold Coast gets picks 30, 51, 54, and 65.

3. St Kilda gets pick 27. Gold Coast gets picks 40 and 42.

4. Fremantle gets pick 38. Gold Coast gets picks 46, 60 and 63.

5. Adelaide gets picks 8 and 17. GWS gets 11, 15 and a future second.

6. Essendon gets pick 10. Geelong gets picks 11 and 31.

7. GWS gets pick 17. St Kilda gets pick 18 and a future second.

Interesting that theres hardly any information on this unless you deep dive into one of the drafting threads.

It's missing the swans dogs trade of 43 for 47 and 61.

Carry over points from the matching?
Croft bid was higher than McCabe bid and their picks had less points value.. I saw a trade alert flash up on the screen when Swans Academy bid was made.. and the swans originally had the pick before the hawks that was going to be swallowed up but now that pick is with the dogs so I think a trade may have happened but can't see anything official?

Okay I think I worked it out, I'm going to use the original draft positions:

Doggies must have needed what ever 48, 50 and 52 ended up as to match Croft, and we needed 44, 47 and 49 slid back.

49 got pushed back between 53 and 56. Brisys 54 went to GC and was used to match and Sydneys 55 was used to match. Leaving only the WB picks and the Haw inbetween.

Edit: as the poster above mentioned 48 may have been traded up to 43.

Edit2: disregard theory debunked by Ash1337

Last edited:
Okay I think I worked it out, I'm going to use the original draft positions:

Doggies must have needed what ever 48, 50 and 52 ended up as to match Croft, and we needed 44, 47 and 49 slid back.

49 got pushed back between 53 and 56. Brisys 54 went to GC and was used to match and Sydneys 55 was used to match. Leaving only the WB picks and the Haw inbetween.
Dogs traded to swans for their pick 43.

Dogs traded to swans for their pick 43.
Yeah so you guys used 43, 50, 52 or whatever they ended up as to match Croft. Our 49 slid back between 53 and 56 and ended up as whatever they are now after other bid matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am overseas atm. I left Jeremias to update the spreadsheet and a plea for information in the draft order thread … Jem might know what’s up otherwise I’ll figure it out when I get home 😅

I am overseas atm. I left Jeremias to update the spreadsheet and a plea for information in the draft order thread … Jem might know what’s up otherwise I’ll figure it out when I get home 😅

I'll look into it after the draft and see what I can find, but I'm preoccupied with the spreadsheet at the moment and watching for any trades that come through.

Geez, the Chief could have paid you more to stick around in this key trade period & for a better holiday later. ;)

Hope you are having a good break... :)

Geez, the Chief could have paid you more to stick around in this key trade period & for a better holiday later. ;)

Hope you are having a good break... :)

I am never allowing her to leave during draft season again...

I am overseas atm. I left Jeremias to update the spreadsheet and a plea for information in the draft order thread … Jem might know what’s up otherwise I’ll figure it out when I get home
Poor effort, thought you were committed to this stuff.

:)

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back