Traded Paddy Dow [Traded to St Kilda in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy how many 1st & 2nd rounders they have either butchered or haven’t been able to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Every club has first and second round players that have either been busts or just not developed.

Its a normal part of football and no matter how good your club's drafting and development are you will always have busts now and then.

Dow needs a fresh start, St Kilda has a place for him in the midfield.

What a loser. Torpoedoes his career cos he is too scared to leave mummy

Give him 2 years before he is delisted and playing VFL because he joined a team that wont put him in a position to flourish

Could easily see him averaging 25+ played as a full-time inside mid for the eagles.

Bad business decision nominating St Kilda unless he loves playing VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could easily see him averaging 25+ played as a full-time inside mid for the eagles.

Bad business decision nominating St Kilda unless he loves playing VFL.
We have an average midfield, lacking pace and quality clearance winners

If he can't get a game at St Kilda he probably just doesn't deserve to be on a list.

Dow is not fast and his dispoal is not great.

Not sure what SOS thinks he's getting but I can tell you I've seen years of it.. :poo:

p.s. Top 30 pick please.
I haven't watched enough of him admittedly, does he have the burst pace out of a clearance?
Maybe not fast in open space but can break away from packs to clear the ball?

I don't understand why Sydney would have been better for his career prospects.

At Sydney he'd be competing with: Warner, Rowbottom, Parker, Adams, Mills, Gulden, Papley and Sheldrick.

At St Kilda, he'll be competing with: Steele, Crouch, Ross, Clark, Owens, Phillipou and Jones.

I haven't watched enough of him admittedly, does he have the burst pace out of a clearance?
Maybe not fast in open space but can break away from packs to clear the ball?

You think Michael Voss would let a fast inside clerance player sit in the VFL all year?

It took a mountain of injuries for Dow to get a chance. And he got dropped as soon as humanly possible.

He's not a good footballer and is not the answer to any of St Kilda's problems. In fact he'll just clog your list up further.

You think Michael Voss would let a fast inside clerance player sit in the VFL all year?

It took a mountain of injuries for Dow to get a chance. And he got dropped as soon as humanly possible.

He's not a good footballer and is not the answer to any of St Kilda's problems. In fact he'll just clog your list up further.
eh, better than Bytel. Pretty easy upgrade on depth and could potentially be handy in the AFL squad.
Not like we'll end up trading anything of value for him regardless

Dow is not fast and his dispoal is not great.

Not sure what SOS thinks he's getting but I can tell you I've seen years of it.. :poo:

p.s. Top 30 pick please.
Mate, have you seen our midfield, all one paced. Dow is Nathan Jones like quick which is a step above Seb Ross, Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Hunter Clarke quick.

If you saw our mids v GWS in the final, you would have seen how far off a top four team we are in the mids. Dow certainly isn't Paddy Cripps or Bont and doesn't get us there, but 2024 won't be our year, we need toime to get more games into Owens. Windhager, and Phillipou in the guts while being at least competitive. Paddy Dow helps us achieve that.

But Vossy has said he wants to keep Dow if possible. Can't be that bad if the coach wants him.

Sorry wasn't Vossy, it was Nick Austin that said he would love to keep Dow but understands that he needs more opportunity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back