Traded Paddy Dow [Traded to St Kilda in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's worth a 3rd round pick but Saints hold all the cards, so it depends how amicable SOS wants to be. Knowing SOSs personality, I suspect not very :tearsofjoy:. It sounds like Austin is happy to let him go for cheap but still expects something useable in return even if it is very minor. Any pick in the 4th round is not useable for us.

If Saints get an F3 for Coffield I wonder if we trade Dow + a 4th rounder for the F3. I know Saints want to use what they get for Coffield in the Henry trade but I think that's a bit of a pipe dream give their difference in value.

But Vossy has said he wants to keep Dow if possible. Can't be that bad if the coach wants him.

Sorry wasn't Vossy, it was Nick Austin that said he would love to keep Dow but understands that he needs more opportunity.

haha why would he downplay his value? what purpose would that serve? clubs talk up outgoing players to get the best value, happens with every player.

3rd rounder is fine given he’s out of contract. St Kilda don’t have one this year, that’s fine, we need picks next year with the Campo boys, flick us that. Pick 55 this year or a 4th does bugger all. If SOS wants to be that obstinate, which he probably will be, let him walk to the PSD.

Someone else will swoop before the Saints pick. If we were asking for 13 or even 34 I’d think it’s rough to walk him, but that isn’t what is happening.

But Vossy has said he wants to keep Dow if possible. Can't be that bad if the coach wants him.

Sorry wasn't Vossy, it was Nick Austin that said he would love to keep Dow but understands that he needs more opportunity.

List manager talks up out of contract player already halfway out the door who was given a lowball contract offer.

Shocked Pikachu face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like this will be done by the end of the week.

Future 3rd or 4th based on what Dave Misson said yesterday.

A future 4th would be a disappointing result.

We're talking a pick that is next to useless for us even with our stated aim of gaining more points in next year's draft for the Camporeale boys.

There's every chance the future 4th has a points value in double figures. That is negligible and there's probably a thousand other ways to generate that type of points value.

We have stated we're not going to stand in Dow's way of getting to St Kilda, but this would be a very disappointing result. We may as well send him to the PSD where he will likely still end up at St Kilda, but he can try his luck.

Most probable outcome will be a F4 exchanged for Paddy an F3 if we’re very lucky ,we have negligible influence , this wasn’t expertly handled , obviously Paddy Dow is rated poorly.

A future 4th would be a disappointing result.

We're talking a pick that is next to useless for us even with our stated aim of gaining more points in next year's draft for the Camporeale boys.

There's every chance the future 4th has a points value in double figures. That is negligible and there's probably a thousand other ways to generate that type of points value.

We have stated we're not going to stand in Dow's way of getting to St Kilda, but this would be a very disappointing result. We may as well send him to the PSD where he will likely still end up at St Kilda, but he can try his luck.

The difference between a F4 and F3 is not worth burning goodwill by sending him to the PSD.

I'd have thought a F3 is reasonable, but Carlton probably just have to taken what they are given, much like us with Coffield.

The difference between a F4 and F3 is not worth burning goodwill by sending him to the PSD.

I'd have thought a F3 is reasonable, but Carlton probably just have to taken what they are given, much like us with Coffield.

I'm expecting to get stuff all for Dow, but its very curious as to why Dylan Stephens for example was worth so much more, despite their pretty similar circumstances and age. You cannot tell me Stephens has shown more at AFL level than Dow.

Yet we find ourselves in a position where we are losing a good, depth mid who probably hasn't reached his ceiling, for basically nothing. It annoys me.

I'm expecting to get stuff all for Dow, but its very curious as to why Dylan Stephens for example was worth so much more, despite their pretty similar circumstances and age. You cannot tell me Stephens has shown more at AFL level than Dow.

Yet we find ourselves in a position where we are losing a good, depth mid who probably hasn't reached his ceiling, for basically nothing. It annoys me.
Dow is 2 years older while Stephens still has time to turn it around. They both have enough talent to go high in the draft but it's a ticking timebomb on potential vs proven bust and Dow was a few seasons too long to get any value.

Dow is 2 years older while Stephens still has time to turn it around. They both have enough talent to go high in the draft but it's a ticking timebomb on potential vs proven bust and Dow was a few seasons too long to get any value.

Age is a factor but I reject the notion that at 24 Dow is too old to turn his career around.

He has played some very good football at senior level and is clearly young enough to go on and have a successful career at another club.

Sure but the difference there is that North are flush with charity picks from the AFL, and we aren't.

It's just bad luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back