Traded Nick Coffield [Traded to Dogs in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he OOC and wanting to leave?
Not to mention Curnow had showed elite ability whereas Coffield has had one solid year (2020) and backed it up with a regression in form the year after despite playing uninjured. His last exposed form involved being dropped multiple times in a season.

He might turn into a good player which is why I'd take him but he has next to no value in a trade.

Not to mention Curnow had showed elite ability whereas Coffield has had one solid year (2020) and backed it up with a regression in form the year after despite playing uninjured. His last exposed form involved being dropped multiple times in a season.

He might turn into a good player which is why I'd take him but he has next to no value in a trade.
Paul Ahern pick 7 to GWS played 0 games in 2 years due to knee injury OOC traded for pick 69

Ridiculous comparison as he hadn't played a game and was expendable.
So a player who went at the same pick had the same injury and same contractual status is a ridiculous comparison because Coffield has played 1 semi decent season of football 4 years ago?

Would hate to lose him but no games in two years is hard to justify.

If we can turn him into a pick that gets us Dow then that's probably a win.
I think the Lewis Young trade is a good comparison. Three way trade of Young, SPS and Pick 52.

In this case, given how highly rated those Camporeale twins are for next year, I could see something similar to this happening involving Coffield, Dow and the Dogs' future 3rd.

He played the last few games of the season after setbacks after a knee reco and was selected as an emergancy late. He's highly rated and a two year contract is in front of him.
The Dogs had a two year offer in front of Young when he decided to leave. Ended up getting Pick 52

So a player who went at the same pick had the same injury and same contractual status is a ridiculous comparison because Coffield has played 1 semi decent season of football 4 years ago?

GWS had multiple early picks coming in and really could afford just to release him. Coffield has a two year contract in front of him is required and hasn't expressed his want to leave. Coffield is best 22.

GWS had multiple early picks coming in and really could afford just to release him. Coffield has a two year contract in front of him is required and hasn't expressed his want to leave. Coffield is best 22.
Coffield has a 1 year contract in front of him not 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a relatively straight forward trade for a pick in the 40’s.

Doubt St Kilda argue with that given he hasn’t played for 2 years and they are trying to offer a 3rd pick for Liam Henry.

Doubt StKilda will want that and improve a side below them.

Then lets cancel Trade week and just have it as go where ever the hell you want.
I don't think you understand how contracts work he will no longer be contracted to the Saints hence they can reject the token late pick all they like but still doesn't stop Coffield not being there

Something along of:

Stk
Out: Coffield, Future 3rd
In: Henry

Dogs
Out: Future 3rd
In: Coffield

Dockers
Out: Henry
In: 2x Future 3rd

Everyone would be unhappy, nobody would feel entirely mugged

Something along of:

Stk

Dogs

Dockers

You can throw in Sweet to Port to make it easier
PA:
In: Sweet

Stk

Dogs
Out: Sweet

Dockers

Something along of:

Stk

Dogs

Dockers

Freo would be absolutely filthy I imagine, but I wouldn't call any of this entirely unfair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back