Traded James Harmes [traded to Dogs for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

For his faults he’s a better player than the list of uncontracted North players we should be delisting

Hall, Howe, Mahony, Edwards, Dawson, Turner, Young

Spicer, Shiels and Perez all out of contract too and could all go too.

Add McKay leaving in free agency.

That’s up to 9 players leaving and we likely have what 5-6 live picks? Taking Harmes in a 50 for Harmes + 55 deal suits me as a short term stop gap to improve the list beyond the likes of Dan Howe.

He also plays with passion and I think he’d instantly be a North man so wouldn’t mind it. Get him in the club for next 2-3 seasons just to help see us through the void when we lose Ziebell, Cunnington, Greenwood, Goldstein, Hall, Turner, Shiels etc all in a couple of seasons (not all stars but still experience).

I’ve rated the pick of Shiels this year as he plays the right way, particularly defensively, and with experience and leadership. He’s just a bit too old to hang around. Harmes could do the same. Just go out there and take away the ball hunting and goal hungry aspects of his game - you’re a defender lining up in the middle/on a forward flank.
Given the experience and mature bodies they are losing, this actually sounds a pretty reasonable idea. Probably played his best footy when given responsibility to follow someone. Not the worst thing

no-what-the-hell-is-that.gif

I see harmes as a honest battler, not sure what he is on salary wise but it's probably too much.
the only way I see Richmond being interested is if he took a paycut with a contract spread over 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can imagine the dees take not much for him. Seems way out of favour and we’d probably be happy to get his $ off the books.
I really rated Harmes. A premiership player who has lost his way over part couple of seasons. Could still offer something as a mid or forward. But maybe needs a fresh start.

I’d say he’s as good as gone. Just a matter of where. 4 clubs asking, Essendon now asking for a second straight year & “heavily linked” says to me he’s gone. Essendon or Tigers i reckon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't want as good as gone, I want gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back