Traded Jack Billings [Traded to Melbourne for F3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him play in a flag at Melbourne. Disappointing pick 3 no doubt, but he's a better footballer than he's getting credit for.

Just needs some luck with injuries

Yep.

He's a forward mid-type who would do best with teams that are able to win contested ball and get it to him in some space.

His best years for us were always when we were pretty s**t, we have not seen him fit, healthy in form, and in a strong team.

I'm hoping he can do a Mason Wood and have a breakout year at 28/29.

And hopefully, that future 3rd round pick ends up being a Brownlow medal winner for us.

This was a pretty simple one for Melbourne. F3 and saints paying some of the money. Especially once we lost Harmes Jordon and Dunstan. Needed a bit of experience. Bonus is he is skillful and can play forward of centre.

Anyone who can get 30 and kick 5 in an AFL game has plenty of talent.

I personally think he’s a huge confidence player. If Melbourne can get his body right and get him happy and confident in his ability he will be an excellent pick up.

I was disappointed that Melbourne traded pick 2 in 2013, I wanted them to draft Billings (Josh Kelly was picked at 2 and seen as the clear best player in that draft). Based on his 2012 National Carnival I thought he would be a superstar.

Question for saints fans - or anyone that has watched a lot of him. Why has he never looked any good? Is it a lack of desire like Jack Watts, or was he just very overrated as a junior?

he's an icing type player, should be good in a good team, but is not great without the ball.

A below-average kick for a goal.

Not a poor field kick by any means.

Ball drop is fine, its all in his head.

he's a slinger, good with low bullets, not so good at kicking over a man with outstretched arms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back