Traded Melbourne trade #14, #27 and #35 to Gold Coast for #11

Remove this Banner Ad

That is crazy from the Demons for only a 3 spot upgrade which still has you not inside the Top 10.

Moving from 8 to 5 i could understand but 14 to 11 is crazy.

Seems like a lot for a 3 pick upgrade
I mean, the Doggies did trade two first-rounders for a six-pick upgrade yesterday. This one is a bit overshadowed in comparison.

Imagine the Dees are working on flipping 11 to move up further again. Doubt this trade gets done in isolation, unless we weren't really planning on using those picks anyway.

It only makes sense if they think they're getting Adelaides first round pick for Petty.

Bundles those up to push higher up the draft order.

Otherwise it's madness.

It doesn't even make sense then...

It's a horrible deal and one they could have gotten a lot more back from.

Is the difference between 14 and 11 going to be a deal breaker in any real trade discussion?

They likely could have gotten something in the first round for 27 and 35, rather than a miniscule pick upgrade. There's overpaying, then there is this deal...

It doesn't even make sense then...

It's a horrible deal and one they could have gotten a lot more back from.

Is the difference between 14 and 11 going to be a deal breaker in any real trade discussion?

They likely could have gotten something in the first round for 27 and 35, rather than a miniscule pick upgrade. There's overpaying, then there is this deal...

If they wanted to move 2-3 spots up the draft, they could have traded with us and we could have given them Billings or something.

It's a strange move, maybe they expect Gold Coast to do them a favour next trade period? They clearly need the points for their academy kids.

It only makes sense if they think they're getting Adelaides first round pick for Petty.

Bundles those up to push higher up the draft order.

Otherwise it's madness.
It makes even less sense then because trading out Petty would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do unless Lynch is coming in the door

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, the Doggies did trade two first-rounders for a six-pick upgrade yesterday. This one is a bit overshadowed in comparison.

Imagine the Dees are working on flipping 11 to move up further again. Doubt this trade gets done in isolation, unless we weren't really planning on using those picks anyway.

Seems like a lot to give up for a 3 pick upgrade

Seems like a lot to give up for a 3 pick upgrade
It does, but I tend to hold off on evaluating these sorts of trades until the period is over. That pick could still change hands multiple times before it gets read out on draft night.

That is crazy from the Demons for only a 3 spot upgrade which still has you not inside the Top 10.

Moving from 8 to 5 i could understand but 14 to 11 is crazy.

It does seem an unfathomably dumb move.
Is this part of a greater pyramid scheme? Is another club lined up to get in on this unique opportunity?
Funny thing is, the "dumbest people in the room" (the anti-Enron) are normally Gold Coast list managers.

Melbourne have five spots created by the loss of Jordon, Grundy, Harmes, Hibberd and Dunstan. If we bring in McAdam and Fullarton that leaves us with three spots to fill.

We have a potential F/S in Kynan Brown, which would leave two live spots.

This makes pick 35 superfluous, so in reality it was 14 and 27 for 11.

Either they wanted to get 3 places higher because they have a player in mind and weren't planning on using the later picks, or it's part of a grander plan tp repackage for a better prize.

The Dees have been superb at moving up the draft ladder in recent years (Oliver / Pickett), so I'll wait until the end of trade period before I cast judgment.

Majority of clubs only holding 2 or 3 usable picks. Pretty safe to assume clubs think this is a very shallow draft.

Melbourne fans been giving us stick for yesterdays trade yet this to me seems far worse? Least we get to the top of the draft

Who would you flip 11 to i doubt you can get higher than 7 i dont really see the difference between 3 or 4 spots as worth what it would cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back