Traded Jack Billings [Traded to Melbourne for F3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

First game back from a hamstring on the weekend. Had 24 and kicked 3.

He's just not been able to get a good run at all this year.

He will probably end the year in the seniors but I
wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave at the end of the year.
What's his trade value? Is his body too rooted to play full time mid?

First game back from a hamstring on the weekend. Had 24 and kicked 3.

He's just not been able to get a good run at all this year.

He will probably end the year in the seniors but I
wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave at the end of the year.
There was an article in the paper I think it was the other day which said that he doesn’t want out and wants to fight his way back into the team.

Don’t think we’d want to lose both him and Gresham and if we lose Gresh to FA then that opens up a spot for Jack to play forward.

Port were interested a couple of years ago when he was a free agent. If it was a salary dump type trade I'd still take him. Probably a better player than Duursma or the corpse of Travis Boak who we have playing wing roles at the moment.

Our cap is apparently in a very good spot and we don’t seem to be having anyone of note coming in so I can’t see us trying to do any salary dumps.

Saying that, if he were to ask for a trade I can’t see us standing in his way.

Jack Billings.... Will he stay or will ask for a new home? Contracted till 2025, but with Saints looking maybe with 3 ins Dow,Henry, Jordan. Does he still have a future at St Kilda

Jack Billings.... Will he stay or will ask for a new home? Contracted till 2025, but with Saints looking maybe with 3 ins Dow,Henry, Jordan. Does he still have a future at St Kilda
Feels to me the loser of the weird James Harmes race will probably turn to Billings next.

Think the Swans may be one in the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15-20 quality touches as a half forward a game.

Suit a team desperate for blokes that can kick.

Looking at you Melbourne.

You would think, as good as Anthony Scott has been for us seeing what we used to get him, if he is a better fit in our side the Billings then something is wrong

After Friday I think he would be a good fit for GWS providing St Kilda can help cover some wages. I think Billings could be a player to get back in any Nick Haynes trade too . A deal like GWS 2nd rounder + Haynes for Billings could work

I just think you will miss Daniel Lloyd a fair bit is all.

I dont think O'Hallaran is the natural progression. Billings ability to play HFF is also ideal in order to give Daniels/Greene some more midfield minutes if/when needed.

Get Billings, save some money with the Haynes salary dump for other things and move on. If it doesnt work then delist him in 2025 etc

After Friday I think he would be a good fit for GWS providing St Kilda can help cover some wages. I think Billings could be a player to get back in any Nick Haynes trade too . A deal like GWS 2nd rounder + Haynes for Billings could work

Kidding yourself if you think a 2nd rounder would be involved in anything to do with Billings unless it’s going the other way. Hasn’t played a good game for years and can barely get on the park. Cooked if you ask me and if I was GWS I’d be asking for Billings and a 2nd rounder in return for Haynes.

If Saints bring in
Sheil
Henry
Jordan
Dow

Surely Billings will leave... if fit he is a good player, but it might be good for both parties to look for another club...
But bein contacted, not playing many games, what is he worth?

If Saints bring in
Sheil
Henry
Jordan
Dow

Surely Billings will leave... if fit he is a good player, but it might be good for both parties to look for another club...
But bein contacted, not playing many games, what is he worth?

3rd rounder at best, most likely a token pick and probably not worth trading unless he was really desperate to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back