Traded James Harmes [traded to Dogs for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Make of this whatever you will. Seems Harmes is strongly linked to Essendon with the other 3 (Richmond, Carlton & Sydney) all having enquired
Strange that there is so much interest.

Play him as a half forward and I reckon he’s good for 13 touches a game and 10-15 goals for the season.

Play him as a mid and he’ll get ~20 touches a game but he will get caught cold a few times holding it and burn the team with a couple of selfish plays.l instead of using his open teammate.

Used to have really good goal sense and was a great mark for his size. Both seem to have deserted him over the past few years.

Pick in high 40s seems about right.
Lol, less than you are willing to give up for McAdam.

Your posting in trade value is beyond ridiculous!

Dees will be happy to give away Harmes given he is contracted for a token late pick

54fc865dac6a2a894ed1772f64211c9f.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, less than you are willing to give up for McAdam.

Your posting in trade value is beyond ridiculous!

Dees will be happy to give away Harmes given he is contracted for a token late pick

Harmes is younger, a premiership player and injured less.

Either way I would be fine with a pick in high 40s for McAdam, so not sure why you are bringing that over to this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t be worse than many of the other players we have cycled through our bottom 6 recently.
None of them will cost us $4-500k next year and a draft pick

Draft pick will be as late as it comes and contract will be smoothed out over an extra 2 years or so
So we'd have him on our list for 2 years?
I really don't see the logic on even having $250k tied up on a player who would be a mild upgrade on other HF options at best.
If people are wondering how we'll pay for Marra, English & Smith next year - getting a 28 year old who is hardly the difference between 9th and top 4 is really not worth the payoff.

I really don't see the logic on even having $250k tied up on a player who would be a mild upgrade on other HF options at best.
If people are wondering how we'll pay for Marra, English & Smith next year - getting a 28 year old who is hardly the difference between 9th and top 4 is really not worth the payoff.
We have no one in our team who can genuinely play as a tagger and we have little to no campaigner in our team,

He is much better than Scott/McNeil types

We have no one in our team who can genuinely play as a tagger and we have little to no campaigner in our team,

He is much better than Scott/McNeil types
Smith literally did it for two games, full time, this season. Libba often goes to players to make them accountable. I'm sure as hell not willing to take out Bontempelli, Libba or Treloar from the middle to fit in Harmes.

Taggers are not worth trading for, even if that was Harmes' role (he's played more HF than any pure defensive role in the middle).
I'd prefer to play Scott to trading for Harmes. Harmes is not the player he was two years ago and assisting Melbourne's cap dump and making our situation worse just doesn't make any sense.

The benefit is that he's an AFL standard defensive mid where it looks like you're looking a bit thin in the depth department.

He's good and relatively cheap depth.

This has to be a token late pick. 28 years old, out of Melbourne's best 22 and has a hefty salary that would free up room for them.

In saying that, he probably walks into our best 22 and improves our terrible bottom 6.

Thank * this bloke made a decision.

Him choosing a club took as long as he takes to make a decision on the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back