Traded Jack Billings [Traded to Melbourne for F3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, Billings met with Alan Richardson from Melbourne before he went overseas. Maybe it was a coffee catch up , maybe it was a discussion around what Melbourne could look like for him.

Fills a need with his kicking into F50
Is this fact?

Would not surprise me after he got Dunstan over to the club. He obviously rated Billings a lot higher than Ross does too.

Would be a nice fit in Melbourne's side I think also.

Interestingly, Billings met with Alan Richardson from Melbourne before he went overseas. Maybe it was a coffee catch up , maybe it was a discussion around what Melbourne could look like for him.

Fills a need with his kicking into F50
liking this,dees with a whack of 2nd round picks i think i read somewhere,most likely another on way for Grundy,could be a Henry pick in there somewhere for saints

Billings and Coffield for our sweet pick from port 48

Freo seems like the perfect fit for Billings.

Can play forward or wing and Freo are losing Schultz and Henry.
Given he seems free to a good home and we should have some spare capspace, I'd be interested. Our injury team is a lot better these days and it's worth the punt IMO

Given he seems free to a good home and we should have some spare capspace, I'd be interested. Our injury team is a lot better these days and it's worth the punt IMO

Would happily take at the Dees

Keen for us to come up with a genius plan to play him in a Daicos like capacity only for it to fail a few rounds in and have him sit in the 2s all year after that.

He can then request a trade after a year due to limited game time and we can do it all over again.

We love those type of plays down at the Dees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a player like him. Can actually hit a target inside 50
really? I rate him, and are hoping geelong enquire with a late pick, but I wouldn't say his kicking is his best weapon.

I know goalkicking may be considered a different thing to field kicking. But his accuracy at goal is well under 50% over his career (108 goals, 123 behinds, not including complete misses/OOF)

Would like to think this is the cheaper option for Collingwood to Schultz if Freo want to play hard ball and request our F1 with this year’s first.

They’re different types of forwards, but Billings would have more strings to his bow.

Why don't the Crows have a crack at JB ?

Wouldn't cost much and they need a bit more players of class in his position
What is his position now? I guess half forward. Adelaide are pretty well stocked for small forwards but it seems like Rachelle and Pedlar will be transitioned into midfielders (which are desperately needed) over the next couple of years so he would possibly have a role. I could also see him having a spot as a starting wingman if that is a position that he can play.

What is his position now? I guess half forward. Adelaide are pretty well stocked for small forwards but it seems like Rachelle and Pedlar will be transitioned into midfielders (which are desperately needed) over the next couple of years so he would possibly have a role. I could also see him having a spot as a starting wingman if that is a position that he can play.

It's a big if, but if his body does hold up, I would play him on the wing, that is probably his best position, and he would certain give good delivery to all your forwards.

Depends if you have faith in your club's medical/fitness staff to get him on the field regularly.

Why don't the Crows have a crack at JB ?

Wouldn't cost much and they need a bit more players of class in his position
I raised this on the Crows board... as we need his type more than another key position player.

We could play him through the midfield/forward line, including off a wing.

We have a shortage of wingmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back