Traded Melbourne trade #14, #27 and #35 to Gold Coast for #11

Remove this Banner Ad

So Dees plan is to try and replicate the trade the Dogs did, but using even more draft capital than we did. Going to be some furious Dees supporters based on the Dogs trade thread lol

Melbourne have five spots created by the loss of Jordon, Grundy, Harmes, Hibberd and Dunstan. If we bring in McAdam and Fullarton that leaves us with three spots to fill.

We have a potential F/S in Kynan Brown, which would leave two live spots.

This makes pick 35 superfluous, so in reality it was 14 and 27 for 11.

Either they wanted to get 3 places higher because they have a player in mind and weren't planning on using the later picks, or it's part of a grander plan tp repackage for a better prize.

The Dees have been superb at moving up the draft ladder in recent years (Oliver / Pickett), so I'll wait until the end of trade period before I cast judgment.

Agree with you but 35 could still have netted a future 2 for you

Will need to see what else they have in store

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Melbourne have five spots created by the loss of Jordon, Grundy, Harmes, Hibberd and Dunstan. If we bring in McAdam and Fullarton that leaves us with three spots to fill.

We have a potential F/S in Kynan Brown, which would leave two live spots.

This makes pick 35 superfluous, so in reality it was 14 and 27 for 11.

Either they wanted to get 3 places higher because they have a player in mind and weren't planning on using the later picks, or it's part of a grander plan tp repackage for a better prize.

The Dees have been superb at moving up the draft ladder in recent years (Oliver / Pickett), so I'll wait until the end of trade period before I cast judgment.
It's not superfluous as you can get value from it, especially now with being able to trade future picks.

This is arguably the most lob-sided trade so far.
It really is and the amount of Dees fans defending it is just mind-blowing. Went from having one of the strongest hands in the draft to having no hand at all and we moved up 3 spots in a part of the draft where moving up 3 spots is very possibly totally irrelevant.

It really is and the amount of Dees fans defending it is just mind-blowing. Went from having one of the strongest hands in the draft to having no hand at all and we moved up 3 spots in a part of the draft where moving up 3 spots is very possibly totally irrelevant.
It's these sort of reactions that make me laugh, calm down and wait till the trade period is over.

If you didn't need all the picks, should have traded in futures.

So this comment 'so in reality it was 14 and 27 for 11.' Isn't true then?
Right now, we only need 2 picks. Six and 11 is a strong hand. 35 got the deal done. Without it we don't get the deal done. But it's a pick we won't be using. Make your own determination as to whether the comment has veracity.

Having watched Melbourne's trade periods these last few years I've learnt to wait until the end to see the ''net ins'' vs the ''net outs'' before making judgement.

Right now, we only need 2 picks. Six and 11 is a strong hand. 35 got the deal done. Without it we don't get the deal done. But it's a pick we won't be using. Make your own determination as to whether the comment has veracity.

Having watched Melbourne's trade periods these last few years I've learnt to wait until the end to see the ''net ins'' vs the ''net outs'' before making judgement.
Fair enough, you'd think the fact it's so early in the trade period they have more moves up their sleeves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons are getting desperate, trying to dangle Oliver so either West Coast, North or Hawks bite and now just giving away picks to get enough capital to get pick 1.
Sad how far Dees have fallen since 2021.
You'll get over it one day :hearteyes:

6a6fa308620d20a6f06eb9a630361c16

Demons are getting desperate, trying to dangle Oliver so either West Coast, North or Hawks bite and now just giving away picks to get enough capital to get pick 1.
Sad how far Dees have fallen since 2021.
1966 ......

Might be part of a future pick trade- e.g. Gold Coast trade their future second to Melbourne for 41 on draft night, once their bids have happened? Otherwise it's an extremely odd move.

Is this a joke?
Missed 7-8 games, subbed out in 4, only played forward as your others are horrific and of those only 1 game was good but many others kicked goals that day. He isnt Buddy, the rumours of us offering $1M is madness

More importantly, we dont need that. We need a proper bull midfielder. Put the picks to get that. Petty mightn't even be a starter when we have Tex/Fog/Thill

I know many trading mechanisms have changed since FS/NGA bidding came in and I'm more than happy to acknowledge I've not kept fully up to date with it all, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was completely puzzled when I saw that trade come through.

Gold Coast are only interested in points, so surely 14 and 35 would have done the job, giving GC 300 additional points...

Even if Melbourne isn't planning on using 27 (the report above says they're only using 2 picks in the draft) you'd rather have it in your hands to try and use it to leverage another pick upgrade, right?

Didn’t know the trade period has closed doggies fans?
They seem pretty open to me.

Seriously though, there has to be something else at play here; Melbourne aren't throwing away that many draft points - to a club desperate for them - for a 3-pick upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back