Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Freo would be well within their rights to take him in the PSD if we tried.

Why would we want to pay him sweet fa when part of the lure has been that we'll help support his young family?
This is what I mean, you are torn between “he is going to be a gun” and “he isn’t worth more than 44”. Can’t have it both ways. If I was him and having committed to joining the club I’d be a bit disappointed they didn’t rate me any higher than my draft year and would happily walk me to the pre season draft so they potentially give up nothing.

As I said previously they commit to taking him in psd and then something comes up, last minute trade fails, a player slips through draft, a long term injury to a key player, he busts his knee… all of a sudden he is nowhere.

Last edited:
This is what I mean, you are torn between “he is going to be a gun” and “he isn’t worth more than 44”. Can’t have it both ways. If I was him and having committed to joining the club I’d be a bit disappointed they didn’t rate me any higher than my draft year and would happily walk me to the pre season draft so they potentially give up nothing.

As I said previously they commit to taking him in psd and then something comes up, a player slips through draft, a long term injury to a key player, he busts his knee… all of a sudden he is nowhere.
I think he'll be handy, I've never said gun. Maybe one day? We'll see.

If we give up Pick 1 for him will it make him happier than if we give up 44? Ridiculous argument.

44 is a more than fair offer given the circumstances. Is he worth more in different circumstances, under contract or with more runs under the belt? For sure.

But that's not the case. So tough t***ies.

I think he'll be handy, I've never said gun. Maybe one day? We'll see.

If we give up Pick 1 for him will it make him happier than if we give up 44? Ridiculous argument.

44 is a more than fair offer given the circumstances. Is he worth more in different circumstances, under contract or with more runs under the belt? For sure.

But that's not the case. So tough t***ies.
Wasn’t referring to you specifically here but more comments in general.

I have no skin in the game here. Don’t want him to come to Freo and trying to see it from a neutral point of view. Just think that walking a guy to psd is worst outcome for all parties when the difference between 37 and 44 and potentially a late pick swap isn’t going to rock anyones world.

Wasn’t referring to you specifically here but more comments in general.

I have no skin in the game here. Don’t want him to come to Freo and trying to see it from a neutral point of view. Just think that walking a guy to psd is worst outcome for all parties when the difference between 37 and 44 and potentially a late pick swap isn’t going to rock anyones world.
That's fair.

I just think it's as simple as Hawthorn making unrealistic demands initially, and the offer of 44 being fair in the circumstances. Basically, if they're not going to trade in good faith, not much point in engaging further with them.

FWIW we're generally fair traders and I expect it'll get done by the close for probably Hawks folding for 44 with a swap of later/future picks slightly in their favour.

That's fair.

I just think it's as simple as Hawthorn making unrealistic demands initially, and the offer of 44 being fair in the circumstances. Basically, if they're not going to trade in good faith, not much point in engaging further with them.

FWIW we're generally fair traders and I expect it'll get done by the close for probably Hawks folding for 44 with a swap of later/future picks slightly in their favour.
We are also relying on media reports of what was offered/rejected 😂

I will abstain from commenting further until it’s done but stand by my comment that psd is good for nobody in this situation and brokering future trades.

So in the interests of finding a win win with a club I respect greatly. What about this. We have pick 33 which is useful but not to us with a McCabe bid.
Hawks out 33, brockman
Hawks in f3, 44, 63
Eagles get a late second rounder and Tyler. We get 90 less points for matching (although they will come in a fair few spots to offset it) with a decent future pick.

That's fair.

That’s the problem Hawthorn are fair traders and clubs are now taking advantage of this and giving them crap expecting them to except it because they clubs under value there players.
Time to send a message and play hard ball if that means send him to the Pre season draft so be it. This will help with future trades.

That’s the problem Hawthorn are fair traders and clubs are now taking advantage of this and giving them crap expecting them to except it because they clubs under value there players.
Time to send a message and play hard ball if that means send him to the Pre season draft so be it. This will help with future trades.
This.
Nothing is certain in this life.
An injury or another more appealing player and Brockman could well end up shafting himself and his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the money. Nice work.
This is a fair result and one I floated as fair months ago lol. Was shot down constantly by everyone, 44 was 39 at that point so I guess that made a difference.

A bit weird to knock back the initial offer by Hawthorn only to accept with a junk pick in the 60's a day later.

All good in the end as the initial offer was fair anyway

f898731211184dca06f52005d7d0a166.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back