Traded Melbourne trade #33, #43 and #53 to Port Adelaide for #27

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe looking to on trade a whole bunch of our picks to Lions for 15?

Leave us with 3 first rounders to offer for JHF (with a second or third coming back).
Lions have limited list spots so they can't just take a bunch of late picks .

You would think 15 would be involved in the dunkley trade anyway

you must trust our list management team a lot more than I do. I still wouldn't put it past us to offer a first rounder for Grundy.
I hope they are smarter than that, I can’t see any other reason for this trade to have happened.

Leave us with 3 first rounders to offer for JHF (with a second or third coming back).

I think thats exactly what you guys will be doing. A gain of about 470 points is a good gain in pick trading.

A bit strange and desperate so early in the trade period from Melbourne. Surely they could have generated a better deal. I know they have said they wouldn't use the later 2 picks, but it doesn't mean they are worthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions will get better offers than that for #15 if they dont trade it for dunkley.

Maybe you are planning to offer #33 for rioli and #43 for sav? (I'd take a r3 for sav as its fair although we would need to flip it and our other r3s to another club for 2023 picks as we dont have list spots for more 2022 pick)

I think thats exactly what you guys will be doing. A gain of about 470 points is a good gain in pick trading.

A bit strange and desperate so early in the trade period from Melbourne. Surely they could have generated a better deal. I know they have said they wouldn't use the later 2 picks, but it doesn't mean they are worthless.

Costs more than that to trade up and other clubs (gc for example) can offer more points than that for 15.

Excellent trade - I like it and there are multiple ways we can use these picks. That could be trading up for JHF, paying for Rioli and anyone else that takes Hinkley's fancy or go to the draft and there are a bunch of SA talls that might be available around that level.

Costs more than that to trade up and other clubs (gc for example) can offer more points than that for 15.
Obviously wouldn't be just for those picks, but certainly adds to Ports options as to how to trade up if thats what they need to do. They could easily trade a future pick for a GC pick in the 2nd round, to add to their picks to trade into Pick 15. They may need some approval from the AFL to trade a future pick plus a future 1st but they may allow it to get that sort of quality in. The rules are "hard and fast" until the AFL don't want them to be, especially as Port have drafted 7 1st rounders in the last 4 drafts.

Lions will get better offers than that for #15 if they dont trade it for dunkley.

Maybe you are planning to offer #33 for rioli and #43 for sav? (I'd take a r3 for sav as its fair although we would need to flip it and our other r3s to another club for 2023 picks as we dont have list spots for more 2022 pick)

If we include our other picks in the 50s we can offer the equivalent of pick 8 in points which would help them a lot.

Ofcourse this doesn’t account for Dunkley. Either way I think they have to trade 15 to get extra points and look at future picks for Dunkley.

If we include our other picks in the 50s we can offer the equivalent of pick 8 in points which would help them a lot.

Ofcourse this doesn’t account for Dunkley. Either way I think they have to trade 15 to get extra points and look at future picks for Dunkley.

I can't see how else they trade for Dunkley without this year's 15 plus their future 1st.

Heading for a big points defict.

They can only take so many picks to the draft, so can’t just sell them 10 picks in the 50s

Lions need list spots though. They can’t just grab loads of picks in third/fourth round and use them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back