Traded Jordon Sweet [Traded to Port Adelaide for #50]

Remove this Banner Ad

He is your classic Tom Campbell/Andrew Phillips type will never be good enough to be a teams number 1 but will get 10 years of being a solid back up

Was chased by West Coast a couple of years back before signing a 2 year deal with the dogs.
Good tap work, covers the ground well, doesn't mark it enough for most coaches to consider him a legit no 1 ruck though

What teams are desperate for a Rick? Port Power?
I don’t know that he’s a significant upgrade on Hayes honestly. Think he struggles for games at most clubs and probably won’t ever end up a 20+ games/year ruck

Eagles chased him two seasons ago but he stayed.

Could have been leading the ruck there if he took the opportunity
He’d be an immediate upgrade on Jamieson right now, but I’m not sure he’d be ahead of Williams, whose work around the ground is considerably better than Sweet (at the expense of his tap work)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean he's a pretty limited player so would be surprised if he's you're number one option
He'd be a Ceglar replacement - the big bullock who would be the break-glass-in-emergency backup.

We have Stanley already over 30, Ceglar almost certain to retire, and a potential young gun in Conway who's been injured and needs time.

Someone like Sweet would be a good stopgap backup ruck.

He'd be a Ceglar replacement - the big bullock who would be the break-glass-in-emergency backup.

We have Stanley already over 30, Ceglar almost certain to retire, and a potential young gun in Conway who's been injured and needs time.

Someone like Sweet would be a good stopgap backup ruck.
I hope we have a go at him...Plus you never know, could take the challenge offer up and be our no 1 ruck in 2024..

In a trade sense he would be worth a pick from 50-80

I’d take him for free to challenge xerri next year for the number 1 ruck spot

We have the cap space (or, should have it) to offer Goldy an inflated one year contract to stick around and be a happy senior 2s player + back up + competition for Xerri.

Will still be playing a decent level so as to push Xerri, the main thing is making the money worth him hanging around and not retiring and moving on.

Considering we don’t have a top 50 player in the game, we should easily be able to afford inflating his salary for one season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back