Free Agency James Jordon [Joins Sydney as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

A much better player than his low-key reputation may suggest. Good accumulator, good defensively, versatile & consistent.

Should be in the side but Goody prefers bulls who can't hit targets.
What is his best position?

Really hoping we hang onto him. Was a bit of a Jason Taylor special probably not on the radar of many clubs.
Very consistent and can play a few different roles. Tended to play a bit slower and they was a bit of a knock on him. But thought he played with a bit more pace last week. I expect he’ll get back in to the team at some stage.

While he's not a guy who is likely to turn a contender in to a premier, he's definitely one I wouldn't like to lose. Seems like a good team player who will fit in just about any position with minimal fuss. As others have said, defensive minded mid is probably where he does his best work.

He'd be an excellent pickup for a Hawthorn/North. Good enough to be a good contributor now but also young to grow with a rebuild.

Hope we keep him.
I was thinking Hawks. Idk about North since it'll be tough for him to come in and earn midfield minutes. Would be competing with LDU, Simpkin, Zurharr, Cunnington and then there's whether the likes of Powell, Phillips, Wardlaw and Sheezel play mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking Hawks. Idk about North since it'll be tough for him to come in and earn midfield minutes. Would be competing with LDU, Simpkin, Zurharr, Cunnington and then there's whether the likes of Powell, Phillips, Wardlaw and Sheezel play mid.
Similar issue at Hawks with Mitchell quite keen on giving all our first rounders priority in the middle.

All opposition supporters need to know is that no Dees supporters want to lose him.

He was terrific last week in our win over Sydney, but Pickett coming back in and a restructure that has seen Petty play forward has cost him his spot.

I suspect Petty will return to defence and Jordon will regain his position, because one of our medium size defenders will exit the team.

I prefer Jordon to Harmes.

All opposition supporters need to know is that no Dees supporters want to lose him.

He was terrific last week in our win over Sydney, but Pickett coming back in and a restructure that has seen Petty play forward has cost him his spot.

I suspect Petty will return to defence and Jordon will regain his position, because one of our medium size defenders will exit the team.

I prefer Jordon to Harmes.

I prefer a witches hat to Harmes.

Has played 49 games in 3 years which says to me he is highly rated, but was an unused sub in 3 out of 4 finals in 2021, which may have left a sour taste in the mouth after that.

I think he will be at Melbourne for the long term.

Has played 49 games in 3 years which says to me he is highly rated, but was an unused sub in 3 out of 4 finals in 2021, which may have left a sour taste in the mouth after that.

I think he will be at Melbourne for the long term.

He'll leave if he's not getting a regular starting spot in the side. Length or size of the contract is almost irrelevant, he just wants to play footy.

As others have already stated, Melbourne fans want to keep him. If he does go (which i think he will), we'll be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him

He'll leave if he's not getting a regular starting spot in the side. Length or size of the contract is almost irrelevant, he just wants to play footy.

As others have already stated, Melbourne fans want to keep him. If he does go (which i think he will), we'll be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him
As a player previously delisted I think he’s unrestricted. And unlikely to attract a huge offer. So we could well end up with nothing should he go.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back