Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be band 1 anyway for McKay at the money they are offering

But this Goldy loss will just help further silence others also who are up in arms about it
Maybe mckay is band 1 maybe he isn't, but Goldstein has absolutely nothing to do with it and claiming otherwise is just false (unless the rules were changed this year and nobody was told).

It won't silence anyone either. If anything it makes the calls that NM are engineering priority picks stronger giving away yet another experienced player.

Maybe mckay is band 1 maybe he isn't, but Goldstein has absolutely nothing to do with it and claiming otherwise is just false (unless the rules were changed this year and nobody was told).

It won't silence anyone either. If anything it makes the calls that NM are engineering priority picks stronger giving away yet another experienced player.
It isn't false. Yes, you get separate compensation for each player if two players eligible for compensation leave. However, in situations like this net loss is definitely taken into account when awarding compensation.

"Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period."

Ruck stocks are pretty poor at the Dons so Goldy will play quite a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't false. Yes, you get separate compensation for each player if two players eligible for compensation leave. However, in situations like this net loss is definitely taken into account when awarding compensation.

"Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period."

You aren't interpreting that correctly.

That quote is in reference to the balancing of players going in and out. Assuming North brings in no players that has zero impact on what will happen.

Mckay will get whatever he gets.

Goldy will get whatever he gets.

There have been precedents for this.

What might be arguable is if North did bring in an FA, would the points come off the Goldy compo or the McKay (but surely we can both agree that isn't happening so it is moot).

The rules are very very clear, other players leaving cannot under any circumstances increase the points on any individual compo.

Don't get this...they have Draper and Bryan....they aren't contending. He can play as a forward/second ruck....he might not play many games.

Why?
Draper has an op for OP i believe. could be missing a bit of next season, and he still has work to do on the fundamentals.
Bryan is probably half a season away
Phillips is their onfield mentor and has retired.

Don't get this...they have Draper and Bryan....they aren't contending. He can play as a forward/second ruck....he might not play many games.

Why?
Andrew Phillips played 20 games this season, it’s not like he won’t get an opportunity

Weird team to choose for success but have a feeling dollar signs mean more at his age of 35 in a position that is not real kind to ageing stars.

Bombers yet to win a final in close to 10k days now and cant see how paying massive dollars to Goldy will help to rectify that but anyway good luck to him.

The rules are very very clear, other players leaving cannot under any circumstances increase the points on any individual compo.
If they are so clear, perhaps you could direct me to where in the rules it says this?

I appreciate that you have invested a lot in this. But you are desperately trying to interpret everything to suit your preferred outcome. It says net loss is taken into account. They clearly don't just add up the points but it is taken into account.

Weird team to choose for success but have a feeling dollar signs mean more at his age of 35 in a position that is not real kind to ageing stars.

Bombers yet to win a final in close to 10k days now and cant see how paying massive dollars to Goldy will help to rectify that but anyway good luck to him.
I would suggest that the coaching and support of our young rucks would be appealing.

Players will still go to big clubs. I mean, the club that has won the most wooden spoons in the last 20 years still has players nominate them.

If they are so clear, perhaps you could direct me to where in the rules it says this?

I appreciate that you have invested a lot in this. But you are desperately trying to interpret everything to suit your preferred outcome. It says net loss is taken into account. They clearly don't just add up the points but it is taken into account.
No. It isn't taken into account. There are only a very small number of factors taken into account to determine the compo. Other players isn't one of them. After the value is calculated then it can be reduced by other free agents coming in.

You are just wrong. Goldy isn't increasing McKay compo. Accept it and move on, or don't.

But at least they won some finals.

You get a trophy for that yeah?
I think you get a mug

image_453ff1ec-70e4-40ac-a1bb-e31daaeb725b_1024x1024@2x.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back