Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, he should end a Tigers champ and Richmond should bare the weight of his contract.
Agree. Reportedly $1.4m next year.
Worth every cent to see him retire a tiger for life with the 3 flags he’s delivered us. An inspired signing at the time.

Wouldn’t want a token pick and cap relief to see him in the franchises colours.

Unless we’re getting him for 400k then I hope Sydney aren’t going anywhere near him. Yes, he’s worth more than that and we won’t chase him anyway but we have a midfield that is building and a fit Sheldrick will make a difference next year along with the natural progression of Gulden, Warner and Campbell.

He’d be amazing for a team who’s trying to promote the game like the Suns, or a team in transition but I would hope our plans are very different to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond knew they could get pick 4/5 from Gold Coast for Dusty, they would be fools not to take that deal imo.

That's the only possible scenario I could see him leaving Tigerland though
I hate that idea, especially because our trade manager is stupid enough to do it

Ideally we would leave it to 2025 when he costs nothing.

If Richmond knew they could get pick 4/5 from Gold Coast for Dusty, they would be fools not to take that deal imo.

agreed, would be sad, but it would be the right thing to do for the future.

It would gut every Tiger fan, would be very hard to see, we'd have to take that deal but no one would be happy out of it.

Despite the great pick, there are some players that mean more to fans than a speculative draft pick.

Even so, doubt the GC would offer that up.

You could do a trade valuing Dusty at about 25.
If you trade 4 for Dusty, 27,2024r2 that's OK.
Or if 4 is traded for 10,15 with bulldogs,
Trade 15,2024r3 for dusty,27.

You could do a trade valuing Dusty at about 25.
If you trade 4 for Dusty, 27,2024r2 that's OK.
Or if 4 is traded for 10,15 with bulldogs,
Trade 15,2024r3 for dusty,27.
Richmond say thanks but no thanks.

If GC want a club legend still playing top quality footy under contract, they pay something too good to refuse, not a trade that values him at about 25, we would just laugh.

Happily keep him til the end of his contract another year.

Richmond say thanks but no thanks.

If GC want a club legend still playing top quality footy under contract, they pay something too good to refuse, not a trade that values him at about 25, we would just laugh.

Happily keep him til the end of his contract another year.
This is what I think is realistic, good deals for both GC, Dusty, Richmond.
But you might be closer to the mark than my suggestion, especially as gold coast will get so many points by trading down in 2 or even 3 trades.
It could be 22,30 for Dusty, 2024r3 as an example. A better deal for Richmond. Of course, if you pay some of his salary you get more trade wise.
The big incentive to get Dusty would be to hopefully ensure Gold Coast make finals in 2024, helping to keep some of the high draft picks from VIC at the club .

I hate that idea, especially because our trade manager is stupid enough to do it

Ideally we would leave it to 2025 when he costs nothing.
If Martin doesn't re-sign at Richmond by the end of 2024... I think a lot of clubs will be after him if they can get him for free without giving up picks.

Last edited:
The only way it makes even the slightest bit of sense for the Suns is if Dusty wants to go and Richmond are willing to do it cheap as a good will measure (not suggesting they should or are required to).

If the Suns give up any serious currency so they can pay a 31 year old huge money they are taking a big step backwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back