Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

You originally said he's one of the greatest. And at that time the discussion was good enough for Oliver but not good enough for one of the greats elsewhere. Funny that.

Seems you're changing your argument. I probably would too if I was talking rubbish.
I said at the end of his career, barring injury, he will be the greatest. Not one of.

I said at the end of his career, barring injury, he will be the greatest. Not one of.

I already showed you what you said, word for word. Do we need to do it again?

Thanks. I am a big Oliver fan. I legitimately think he is the best player in the game. And we can't say I'm biased...

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Thanks. I am a big Oliver fan. I legitimately think he is the best player in the game. And we can't say I'm biased because I don't rate Petracca anywhere near Oliver's level .
Well, you're not biased but it's certainly an absolute head-scratcher of a statement. I'd say Petracca and Bontempelli are the two best players in the competition. Haven't seen anything from Oliver since 2021 to suggest he belongs in that category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, you're not biased but it's certainly an absolute head-scratcher of a statement. I'd say Petracca and Bontempelli are the two best players in the competition. Haven't seen anything from Oliver since 2021 to suggest he belongs in that category.
He won the aflca coaches award in 2022 alongside Touk Miller. He's only had 1 down season and that was this season due to injury.

He won the aflca coaches award in 2022 alongside Touk Miller. He's only had 1 down season and that was this season due to injury.
I think you're reinforcing my point here. In the rosiest comparison, you could say they were on the same level, but nobody is taking Oliver over Petracca.

I think you're reinforcing my point here. In the rosiest comparison, you could say they were on the same level, but nobody is taking Oliver over Petracca.
how do you explain Oliver winning 4 Bnf's to Petraccas 2? Nobody? just except for the internal coaches. Funny that.

Yes, most dees fans would take Oliver. over Petracca. Not all, but most devout fans would.

how do you explain Oliver winning 4 Bnf's to Petraccas 2? Nobody? just except for the internal coaches. Funny that.

Yes, most dees fans would take Oliver. over Petracca. Not all, but most devout fans would.
Tom Mitchell won 3 club best and fairest awards in the same space of time that James Sicily got 1. It really doesn't mean much.

Talk about Dees fans all you want. Fans are idiots. Petracca is the one your opponents are afraid of. He's the most talented player I've seen in Melbourne colours.

Tom Mitchell won 3 club best and fairest awards in the same space of time that James Sicily got 1. It really doesn't mean much.

Talk about Dees fans all you want. Fans are idiots. Petracca is the one your opponents are afraid of. He's the most talented player I've seen in Melbourne colours.
You mean when they were both at Hawthorn?

Ignoring the afl coaches award too are we? The most respected award in the game. The 18 coaches all voted and all said he was the best player in the game, 2 of the last 3 years.

You mean when they were both at Hawthorn?
Yes
Ignoring the afl coaches award too are we? The most respected award in the game. The 18 coaches all voted and all said he was the best player in the game, 2 of the last 3 years.
Coaches vote for the best player in each individual game, not the best player in the competition. You're not going to tell me that Touk Miller is a better player than Petracca, so why bother bringing it up again?

Simon Goodwin wouldn't hesitate, Gawn wouldn't hesitate to tell you which player they could more easily replace. The events of this week tell you everything you need to know.

Yes

Coaches vote for the best player in each individual game, not the best player in the competition. You're not going to tell me that Touk Miller is a better player than Petracca, so why bother bringing it up again?

Simon Goodwin wouldn't hesitate, Gawn wouldn't hesitate to tell you which player they could more easily replace. The events of this week tell you everything you need to know.
You don't see the shortcomings of petracca the way that I do though because admittedly you don't watch petracca as closely as I do. Petracca can play forward? somewhat. He can take a good overhead mark, yes. But he's the worst kick for goal in the entire competition over the last 3 years. Horrific kicking. Diabolical. Worst ball drop in the entire comp. Now, compare Petracca with Oliver as a pure mid? You can't. Oliver smashes him in terms of clearance, contested ball, pure inside mid craft, handball, vision etc. Now compare them defensively? You can't. Oliver smashes him in terms of being a defensively, 2-way runner, better tackler etc.

Yeah, the coaches vote on each individual game. Based on pure influence. You can't get a more accurate award than that. So not only did all 18 coaches vote Oliver as being a more INFLUENTIAL player for 2 of the last 3 years but the dees internal coaches have rated Oliver as more influential than Petracca by winning 4 Best and Fairest's.

What have the events of last week got to do with anything? We're comparing them on footballing ability....where were you when they said that Oliver is in the mix to be the greatest demon ever? Has anyone ever said that about Petracca? nope. Ever? nope.

You don't see the shortcomings of petracca the way that I do though because admittedly you don't watch petracca as closely as I do. Petracca can play forward? somewhat. He can take a good overhead mark, yes. But he's the worst kick for goal in the entire competition over the last 3 years. Horrific kicking. Diabolical. Worst ball drop in the entire comp. Now, compare Petracca with Oliver as a pure mid? You can't. Oliver smashes him in terms of clearance, contested ball, pure inside mid craft, handball, vision etc. Now compare them defensively? You can't. Oliver smashes him in terms of being a defensively, 2-way runner, better tackler etc.

Yeah, the coaches vote on each individual game. Based on pure influence. You can't get a more accurate award than that. So not only did all 18 coaches vote Oliver as being a more INFLUENTIAL player for 2 of the last 3 years but the dees internal coaches have rated Oliver as more influential than Petracca by winning 4 Best and Fairest's.

What have the events of last week got to do with anything? We're comparing them on footballing ability....where were you when they said that Oliver is in the mix to be the greatest demon ever? Has anyone ever said that about Petracca? nope. Ever? nope.
And yet, I'm still going to say it: Petracca is a better player. Having an impact on the scoreboard is the most important part of the game, and Trac does it better than anyone.

And yet, I'm still going to say it: Petracca is a better player. Having an impact on the scoreboard is the most important part of the game, and Trac does it better than anyone.
That's okay, agree to disagree. You're entitled to it. But as good as the goals are, missing shots on goal are essentially turnovers and often result in 2 goal swings. And I don't think you can put horrendously inaccurate people in the forward line. I think Oliver would kick just as many there if given the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back