Traded James Harmes [traded to Dogs for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what Doggies needed

A soft outside runner who cant win a clearance.

Terrible career move from Harmes. He will be dropped by Round 4 never to be seen again
If Harmes is soft then so is 99% of the league. He's as tough as nails.

Ive done turds with more girth then the guy. He is a outside runner who aint winning a clearance.
He's primarily defensive based. His contested possession rate over his career is a little under 41%. Just because he isn't primarily a ball winner doesn't make him "soft" or "outside".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2019 we didn’t even have COVId yet.... way too long ago

So he wasn't a "soft outside runner who can't win a clearance" in 2019, but he is now?

It sounds like you were just thinking of the wrong player, or you don't know who Harmes is. And that's OK, probably easier to just admit it and move on though.

I think he is a good runner on the outside, can do a tagging job but this move is moronic. Doggies don’t need him is all I’m saying
Defensive inside mids don't necessarily need to be taggers. He's pretty much the perfect third for a Bont/Libba trio as he can cover the defensive aspect of the stoppage.

He's not an outside player at all.

I am not sure if this move makes a lot of sense for the Bulldogs.

Or Harmes for that matter if he has serious ambitions of playing at AFL level next year. I have no idea who he immediately replaces in their lineup.

I like him, I hope he does well. Wish him all the best.

So he wasn't a "soft outside runner who can't win a clearance" in 2019, but he is now?

It sounds like you were just thinking of the wrong player, or you don't know who Harmes is. And that's OK, probably easier to just admit it and move on though.
He moved spot from a inside mid to outside over the last 4 years. Most of his recent games were of HFF in a defensive role.l.

Or Harmes for that matter if he has serious ambitions of playing at AFL level next year. I have no idea who he immediately replaces in their lineup.

Anthony Scott Lachie McNeil

Bulldogs have a lack of inside depth. Their top end of Treloar, Bont, Macrae and Libba is good but there's not much behind that and all are aggressive players rather than defensive like Harmes. It's a good move, brings more balance to their midfield.

He moved spot from a inside mid to outside over the last 4 years. Most of his recent games were of HFF in a defensive role.l.

Sure, but none of that suggests he's now a soft outside runner who can't win a clearance, which is what you claimed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back