Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

bradfisher14

All Australian
Aug 24, 2021
Stuck on 99 games
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like he's on the outer at Carlton despite having two years to run on his deal. Clearly has some talent but probably needs a move to revitalise his career. Rumours floating that WA and Victorian clubs are interested in getting him. Don't think we will ask for too much in a trade. Intrigued to see where he ends up and what position he plays for his new club.

Rumors in W.A are that we are out of the running and he is staying in Victoria

No idea where but my gut tells me he would be ideal for Western Bulldogs
They were interested a couple of years ago. Currently got pick 34, that would be a good starting point for a deal.

At the end of last year I would’ve been disappointed to trade him for anything outside the first round. Now we’d be lucky to get a pick within 40 for him.

He is a good player who will have plenty of interest on the cheap. I’d prefer we keep him. Martin and Cuningham are better players but are too injury prone to rely on right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted for 2 years. Better to retain then trading for nothing so we'll get something useable for him. Nothing better then a 3rd rounder though.

He's been a first team player for the best part of 5 years. Played 4 games total in the vfl this year. Don't get the logic that that suddenly makes him worthless.

Big issue is he seems to want to play midfield. Not sure many clubs would have him getting big minutes in their midfield.

They were interested a couple of years ago. Currently got pick 34, that would be a good starting point for a deal.
You're not getting a 2nd rounder for a 25 year old small forward who's played 8 games and kicked 3 goals this year be lucky to get anything in the 50's

Contracted for 2 years. Better to retain then trading for nothing so we'll get something useable for him. Nothing better then a 3rd rounder though.

He's been a first team player for the best part of 5 years. Played 4 games total in the vfl this year. Don't get the logic that that suddenly makes him worthless.

Big issue is he seems to want to play midfield. Not sure many clubs would have him getting big minutes in their midfield.
Depends how much coin he is on and where that can be better spent

You're not getting a 2nd rounder for a 25 year old small forward who's played 8 games and kicked 3 goals this year be lucky to get anything in the 50's

He is not really a small forward despite his size. He is a high half forward link player who can go through the middle next to a few bigger bodies.

Last year he averaged 19 disposals and almost a goal a game (1.5 shots a game), and was rated as one of the best kicks inside 50 in the competition, playing the above role.

It’s a shame we will most likely sell him at his lowest and I agree a 2nd is unlikely now. He is AFL quality and just needs to be utilised correctly. Low on confidence and going through niggles hasn’t helped.

Reckon some club gets a bargain here. Doubt he is on massive coin.

He is not really a small forward despite his size. He is a high half forward link player who can go through the middle next to a few bigger bodies.

Last year he averaged 19 disposals and almost a goal a game (1.5 shots a game), and was rated as one of the best kicks inside 50 in the competition, playing the above role.

It’s a shame we will most likely sell him at his lowest and I agree a 2nd is unlikely now. He is AFL quality and just needs to be utilised correctly. Low on confidence and going through niggles hasn’t helped.

Don't think he will be on massive coin but it'd be around the 300k mark you'd think and that in your case could be spent elsewhere to improve your team

I wanted him at Geelong before he signed last year, think he needs to be in a good side to show his worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back