Remove this Banner Ad

beejay

Senior List
May 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24293367-23211,00.html

Just read that the eagles have delisted armstrong despite him being in their best players for the last month since moving into the midfield. Just wondering what you guys thought of the saints picking him up as hes only 24 and can add some depth to our midfield and also is versatile so can play forward if injuries occured to schneids, milne etc. Thoughts?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24293367-23211,00.html

Just read that the eagles have delisted armstrong despite him being in their best players for the last month since moving into the midfield. Just wondering what you guys thought of the saints picking him up as hes only 24 and can add some depth to our midfield and also is versatile so can play forward if injuries occured to schneids, milne etc. Thoughts?

ehh he would want abit of $$$ wouldnt he
i would rather eddy playing that role
but armstrong wouldn't be to bad
but still no :p

thats true i dont think he would want too much $ because hes just been delisted and i think hell just want to play footy. i was surprised he was so young which i think could come in with us losing harvs and give him a chance. But yeh he probably is in a similar role to eddy but he was getting 25 odd possessions recently for the eagles playin in the midfield.

thats true i dont think he would want too much $ because hes just been delisted and i think hell just want to play footy. i was surprised he was so young which i think could come in with us losing harvs and give him a chance. But yeh he probably is in a similar role to eddy but he was getting 25 odd possessions recently for the eagles playin in the midfield.

yer i dont have a clue why he was delisted he was playing good footy

What our midfield needs is more Quality not Quantity.
Amstrong would be the second. We need the first.

Midfield in 2009 will be:

Hayes
Goddard
Ball
Dal
Gram
Joey

Birss
McQualter
Armitage
Steven
Eddy
Geary
CJ
Xavier

Sam Fisher will also spend some time rotating through in order to increase Quality through the middle.

Now if you could obtain Cousins or Kerr it would make a difference.
Armstrong would not add value.

Armo and Stevo should make the top group in time. And we'll pick up new kids every year to fill in for them.

Of course we can hope the kids develop into guns, or just pick up Cousins.

If we strongly challenge for the flag this year, I reckon we should get him. Can't see any reason why we would fall down the ladder next year.

ooh, btw SaintsSeptember, EXCELLENT Avatar - the Jones hit... very cool. I think Jonesy will be in a middle rung of midfielders, including Armo, Xavier, Eddy, Birss, then the rest.

ooh, btw SaintsSeptember, EXCELLENT Avatar - the Jones hit... very cool. I think Jonesy will be in a middle rung of midfielders, including Armo, Xavier, Eddy, Birss, then the rest.

Thanks PS.

I think that Jonesy is starting to move like someone that really belongs there.
Hard to describe , but when I watch Lenny Hayes move it is almost cat like. I am starting to see glimpses of it in CJ.

Also he seems to have adopted Harvey's approach, that you have never made it, always room for improvement. Maybe because he didn't simply come up through the system. He has had to work for it.

It may be that one day we will notice that a 27 year old CJ has turned into an elite player.

Sometimes I think the Nick Dal Santo's of the world have achieved what they want. AFL footballer , regular spot on the Footy show , no need to work any harder.

One would think that after recent losses of Cousins, Judd, Kerr (probably), Fletcher (most likely) and Braun, (?others) that West Coast would be in more dire need of a borderline AFL grade midfielder than us.

They already had him and decided to let him go - what does that tell you?

Seems that the Eagles have a similar problem to the Saints.

Too many average midfielders not able to play in other positions.
For this reason they tried him as a small forward, but he sucked at it and complained that he wanted to be a midfielder.

So read someone with the abilities of Birss or Mc Qualter but without the vesatility.
Suprised they didn't try trading him though, maybe there is a glut of average midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)