Strength Gains and Improving Cardio

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What is the best way to improve strength/Mass gains. And improve Cardio. At the moment, I'm in poor shape cardio wise. I'm running 5Mins/KM.

I already have the strength gains sorted not looking for Mass. I'm doing well in that. How much should I run, and when should I run.

Will I limit my strength gains doing cardio straight after my workout. Or perhaps on my rest days. I understand the glycogen levels will be used for my workout where it's most important. I'm purely interested in improving my Resting HR and times.

I want to do 15KM in an Hour.

What is the best way to improve strength/Mass gains. And improve Cardio. At the moment, I'm in poor shape cardio wise. I'm running 5Mins/KM.

I already have the strength gains sorted not looking for Mass. I'm doing well in that. How much should I run, and when should I run.

Will I limit my strength gains doing cardio straight after my workout. Or perhaps on my rest days. I understand the glycogen levels will be used for my workout where it's most important. I'm purely interested in improving my Resting HR and times.

I want to do 15KM in an Hour.

How strong do you want to be? I don't think you'll limit strength gains too much by doing cardio. You will definitely limit mass gains.

I don't know much about cardio but i would have thought you would just keep ramping it up until you are seeing the results you want to see?

Make sure if you're going to run a lot and make strength gains that your nutrition is spot on, if you're in a caloric deficit you'll find yourself losing strength rather quickly.

I've lost 3kg in 2 weeks (on purpose, trying to get to single digit bf %) but at the same time my strength is diminishing noticeably. Not losing much lean size so far that I can see so that's good.

Make sure if you're going to run a lot and make strength gains that your nutrition is spot on, if you're in a caloric deficit you'll find yourself losing strength rather quickly.

I've lost 3kg in 2 weeks (on purpose, trying to get to single digit bf %) but at the same time my strength is diminishing noticeably. Not losing much lean size so far that I can see so that's good.

Cool, Cheers, I did notice after eating bugger all a few months ago and riding 50km in 40d wasn't a good idea. I went from 62 to 59 over the weekend.

I kinda like the idea of playing footy next season, getting ready is a priority. So I'm eating shitloads of carbs to keep the intake up. All I know is My bench is still going up so thats all I care about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back