Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his shield form?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Leading all run scorers by a fair way. Average is probably 15 runs higher than anyone else too.

If Koli was Australian, how would the press treat him. He is as bad as Warner, maybe a bit smarter but just as vocal and rude?

Last edited:
I don't mind channel 7 handling the cricket. They've got all the recent greats who offer quite a bit in terms of cricket nous.

The only thing I don't like is that they have the stump mics up really loud to try and capture any 'controversy'. At one point they talk about how the Australians need to be better behaved and the next they are searching for fights and squabbles that aren't there. The worst thing is that this is what people want.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind channel 7 handling the cricket. They've got all the recent greats who offer quite a bit in terms of cricket nous.

The only thing I don't like is that they have the stump mics up really loud to try and capture any 'controversy'. At one point they talk about how the Australians need to be better behaved and the next they are searching for fights and squabbles that aren't there. The worst thing is that this is what people want.

I believe Foxtel control the stump mics

Is the C7 commentary entertaining? Fox is missing class of Beanud/Chappell/Grieg/Lawrie that they had for years.

Skull needs to go. I think he will he has come close to saying one or two deliberate inappropriate comments on air. Which is surprising given how they would have been educated and trained.

At least the C9 team I mentioned above never went down that path, as far I can remember.

I quite like the TV coverage. Certainly like the mix of commentators. In recent years, it's mostly felt like early 90s bogans.

If Koli was Australian, how would the press treat him. He is as bad as Warner, maybe a bit smarter but just as vocal and rude?
This has been my point since Warner’s demise. Kohli and other asses (who can bat) are worshipped as Gods in their country. Warner...is being promoted as an angry sore loser in Australia (who likes to ball-tamper).

This has been my point since Warner’s demise. Kohli and other asses (who can bat) are worshipped as Gods in their country. Warner...is being promoted as an angry sore loser in Australia (who likes to ball-tamper).
The Indians revere anyone to plays for their country, regardless of what they've done.

We tend to take a more pragmatic approach.

So your point is what, we should like Warner because he's an arrogant ******* because lesser cricket nations like their arrogant dipshits?

VERY good win.
Paine has rocketed in my esteem and if I ever meet the man I'll apologise for underestimating him:
--- excellent glovework, especially to Lyon
--- standing up to Kohli, refusing to be intimidated, showed steely leadership.
I'd thought previously that he was a bit too nice, even a bit meek. Wrong!

This might surprise, but I'd pick Maxwell for Boxing Day Test if Finch is unavailable, or Renshaw who's hard to prise out. Handscomb doesn't look the goods, at least not for this series. Of the current Shield players, which batsmen are likely to stick around for Test-level partnerships?

VERY good win.
Paine has rocketed in my esteem and if I ever meet the man I'll apologise for underestimating him:
--- excellent glovework, especially to Lyon
--- standing up to Kohli, refusing to be intimidated, showed steely leadership.
I'd thought previously that he was a bit too nice, even a bit meek. Wrong!

This might surprise, but I'd pick Maxwell for Boxing Day Test if Finch is unavailable, or Renshaw who's hard to prise out. Handscomb doesn't look the goods, at least not for this series. Of the current Shield players, which batsmen are likely to stick around for Test-level partnerships?
Hard to say, Shield cricket isnt what it once was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your point is what, we should like Warner because he's an arrogant ******* because lesser cricket nations like their arrogant dipshits?

No. We should be less extreme in our hatred of current/past players, focusing more on their talents rather than their personas.

Look at Lyon, he bowled well this match. Should we take into account his bad behaviour in the past to to give him today’s cricket rating?

Anyway, GOOD home soil win! Hope we can get more momentum out of this match.

They need Elspeth waiting in the wings to catch any Aussies telling a naughty

fantastic win

now, its your turn MCG. produce a result pitch for once..
The MCC would want to do a better job of preparing the pitch for this year's test. They won't be hosting a test match in 2020 if this year's pitch isn't up to scratch.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01...irst-in-australia-to-be-labelled-poor/9299708

Last year's pitch was rated as "poor", which is worth 3 demerit points. 5 demerit points in 5 years results in the venue being suspended for 12 months.

The MCC would want to do a better job of preparing the pitch for this year's test. They won't be hosting a test match in 2020 if this year's pitch isn't up to scratch.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01...irst-in-australia-to-be-labelled-poor/9299708

Last year's pitch was rated as "poor", which is worth 3 demerit points. 5 demerit points in 5 years results in the venue being suspended for 12 months.
Fingers crossed it happens.
Would be a good laugh.

Fingers crossed it happens.
Would be a good laugh.

While it would be funny, what a ******* joke the MCG gets threatened with a ban yet those cow paddocks in India never get mentioned.

Through various circumstances, the MCG had a lot of their ground staff turnover in the lead up to last year's test match. The new crew literally didn't know how to prepare a good wicket.

Last season there were draws in most Shield games there too from memory.

Damian Hough said that he almost had to learn how to make a cricket pitch again when the drop ins came in. How much you water them, when you water them, how quickly they dry, how much rolling they need, how many days out you start preparing them, how wet they should be when you roll them etc

All the knowledge built up over 100+ years of cricket curating and passed down from curator to curator went up in smoke.

A new ground staff dealing with them for the first time erred (a long way) on the side of caution. Would expect it to be better this year.

Through various circumstances, the MCG had a lot of their ground staff turnover in the lead up to last year's test match. The new crew literally didn't know how to prepare a good wicket.

Last season there were draws in most Shield games there too from memory.

Damian Hough said that he almost had to learn how to make a cricket pitch again when the drop ins came in. How much you water them, when you water them, how quickly they dry, how much rolling they need, how many days out you start preparing them, how wet they should be when you roll them etc

All the knowledge built up over 100+ years of cricket curating and passed down from curator to curator went up in smoke.

A new ground staff dealing with them for the first time erred (a long way) on the side of caution. Would expect it to be better this year.

Maybe they could bring in Saunders to sort it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back